Fantasy Football - Addressing The Current Dip

pingu

Was thinking about this earlier - if you could try and prevent our slide and improve our season which one player from all players within say the last 5 years would you bring back to the club and why? Almost like a 'which player do we miss the most' poll.

I know it's purely hypothetical and assuming money was no barrier. Purely on footballing ability and what they would bring to this team.

It might be sort of controversial given where he is now, but I would say Nicky Law. His guile, movement and creativity is sorely missed in my opinion.

I doubt bringing one player back would make much of a difference, it's the entirety of what we lost that's the problem. But we could certainly use somebody like a Law or a Jennings in the midfield right now, or a Humphrey just for his pace.

No I know one player would not solve all the problems. I am asking who would make the biggest contribution / who of the last while would improve this team and the way we've been playing / which style of player do we miss most?

I say Law, someone might say Higdon, someone else might say Craigan for his leadership, others would disagree. It's a purely hypothetical thread, but I was thinking about it the other day and thought I'd put it out there for discussion.

It would be one from Law, Ojamma or Humphrey.

Law for his forward thinking creativity in midfield we are so sorely lacking this season.

Ojamma for his pace, energy and excitement he brought to the team.

Humphrey, despite his obvious weaknesses, his lightning pace gave us a great out ball and scared opposing teams shitless! Could maybe rule out Humphrey for his lack of heart (I think in a struggling side he'd hide).

In my opinion these 3 gave us all the qualities we are missing this season, but if I had to pick one, probably Ojamma.

I'd say either Ojamaa or Humphrey for me.

Humphrey's pace, and the threat of his pace are something we sorely miss. Even games where he didn't do anything, his presence took two men out the game. If we still had that, it would be freeing up the likes of McFadden to get one on one.

As for Ojamaa, his ability to take people on, his directness, pace and energy are something we could sorely use right now. We need a spark, and he certainly provided one when he first joined us.

As much as I liked Jennings, we're overstocked in the central midfield department, and I don't think he could bring us anything we don't already have. Law, also in the same area and while undeniably a level above what we have at the moment, I don't think it's the centre that needs addressed in our current team.

interesting replies, was waiting for someone to say a keeper!

I think a lot of folk forget ojamaa getting pelters for being "a greedy wee bastard" etc. Fickle people who dont have a clue mind you.

Higdon would never get the service in this team.

I could be inclined to go with an ojamaa or mccormack over a law possibly, on reflection.