Worst Referee V Motherwell

Mad Dog

Not sure if it's the incident you're thinking of from that game but in the first half the ref (Brines) went to show Barry Ferguson a yellow card, even had the card in his hand then remembered that he'd already shown him one so changed his mind and let him off.

Sounds like one of many Brines moments

Jpr Gordon, Dirty h*n, Rangers lovin, sucked off Super Ally, cheating bastard. I hope he was alive to see the cunts die. Hope in Hell (where he surely is) he gets to see the cunts die again. Dirty masonic fuckwit bribe taking bastard.(ps i am not one to hold a grudge)whistling.gif

• Like 2

Last twice we've had a penalty and won against Celtic, Euan Norris gave it. One in April 2013 and one in February 2011.

Only time O'Reilly refereed a Motherwell v Celtic game was a post split game at Fir Park in 2012 and they beat us 3-0 which from memory was our fault.

Of course in this thread we haven't mentioned John Gilmour the linesman against Rangers in Craig Brown's tenure disallowing that goal against Rangers.

Last twice we've had a penalty and won against Celtic, Euan Norris gave it. One in April 2013 and one in February 2011.

Only time O'Reilly refereed a Motherwell v Celtic game was a post split game at Fir Park in 2012 and they beat us 3-0 which from memory was our fault.

Of course in this thread we haven't mentioned John Gilmour the linesman against Rangers in Craig Brown's tenure disallowing that goal against Rangers.

Maybe it wasn't a penalty then but I seem to remember O'Reilly doing us a favour against Celtic at some point. I don't think I'm making this up!

Jpr Gordon, Dirty h*n, Rangers lovin, sucked off Super Ally, cheating bastard. I hope he was alive to see the cunts die. Hope in Hell (where he surely is) he gets to see the cunts die again. Dirty masonic fuckwit bribe taking bastard.(ps i am not one to hold a grudge)whistling.gif

^^ This.

I was thirteen at the time and that scarred me for life.

There's a hell of a lot of shit refs around, but Gordon's bias was so blatant it was hard to believe. That and the fact the he actually got caught cheating and accepting bribes. that doesn't happen too often (although I'm sure there were more around that time).

If there was ever a Premiership of refereeing cunts, that cunt would be top of the cunt league.

• Like 2

I am roughly 6 months older than you AllyMax and yes I to have been scarred for life by JPR.

Was my first year with a season ticket and was absolutely sure we were going to win the cup that year :angry:

We were so far ahead of the h**s that night it wasn't true. Will remember that cunt Gordon's name forever.

My hatred for JPR has never waned. So glad he got done for accepting bribes. Also done was his assistant Rollo Kyle who was the only ref ever to use the four step rule, or so it seemed, and it cost us a Cup semi final.

One other abomination was Dougie McDonald who, in his career managed to send off THIRTEEN Motherwell players but only three of our opponents. If I recall rightly something like one in every six red cards he ever issued was to a Motherwell player.

• Like 2

John Rowbotham the night he abandoned a game against Hearts at Fir Park when we were 1-0 up at half time, after he'd been pressurised into doing so by Jefferies and their chairman. Fortunately we won the replay with a last minute Pat Nevin goal.

You're right about Rowbotham but in hindsight I'm glad he did as the replay was brilliant.

I could be wrong but was the replay the only time we over wore the black strip with MFC instead of the badge?