Congratulations.

something else

Yes indeed, congratulations to Stuart McCall and the players for another excellent league finish. We've had our ups and downs this season, indeed we've had some extremely frustrating moments but regardless of that the league table doesn't lie and for us to finish in the top three for the THIRD season running is a tremendous feat and one that I never thought would be possible. cheers.gif

This is exactly how I feel about it too. We lost so many players who created that bit of magic we were always going to have to work hard to ourscore teams. Throw in we replaced one of the best goalies we have ever had with two guys who are no better than average it was always going to be hard to get the free points we had last year. However, we were incredibly consistent in that we have only lost three games to teams outside the top six all season (Albion R, St Mirren and Kilmarnock) and in the two league games we had substantially weakened teams from our strongest. That consistency with the squad we have is outstanding and one that teams around us have failed to manage. Don't think anyone would disagree that both Aberdeen and Dundee Utd at their best are better than us at our best but they have both thrown away a lot more cheap points than us. This doesn't come around by chance though it is hard work and determination and every one who has contributed this season should be proud of their part. Hopefully the squad can see the last two games as pressure off and they can pull of the results we need to get 2nd but whatever happens our squad have overachieved both in terms of the money we have spent on it and the ability of those in it.

• Like 1

Can only echo what has been said already.

The past 6 years have been the best success in my 30 years following The 'Well and I'm amazed that every year we seem to reinvent ourselves and achieve this level of consistent success. Huge credit to the players and the managers over that period, in particular McCall, who has been all in all excellent in my eyes.

I remember the highs of '91 Cup win and finishing 2nd in 94/95 and just thinking it was the best achievement I'd ever see in my lifetime.

I remember the gutting feeling of the MyPa 47 game, but was confident we would be back in Europe. But then came Kampman and Davies era's and the plunge in administration, and I genuinely feared for any future success and never once during those years did I imagine we would have a run of European competition like we have.

If we get second this year, it will be a wonderful achievement for our little club and no doubt will be reflected on in years to come as a period of relative glory. If not, it's still a great achievement given what we went through this summer in the squad being ripped up.

My only gripe over the past 6 years in being consistently "best of the rest" is our cup runs - but I suppose we can't have it all!

Not much more to add. Great achievement this year in particular, not least because it hasn't felt like we've really played all that well a lot of the time. But once again, we've been consistently better than most of the teams with greater means than ours, and you can't ask for much more than that.