Billy Mehmet

faddythedaddy

I think folk are letting the fact he scored the winner last night cloud there judgement on Mehmet. He's another big burly striker who likes to dish out the fouls and can't take it back. Given the choice of an on-form Sutton, Clarky and Sheridan over an in form Mehmet, Mehmet would rate last in my opinion.

Saints fan at work has commented in the past that he's come on a ton and he's been pleasantly surprised at his goalscoring return this season.

There's a definite role for a player like Mehmet but my quandry with having a player like that in the team is that his-team mates just get lazy and hoof it up to him all the time. Ofcourse that has to be weighed against how many goals he'll get you or set up for a fellow striker.

You only need to think back to earlier in the season when we were playing with Porter and Sutton up top. Some of the stuff was dreadful to watch as well as being totally ineffective.

I hate Billy Mehmet. He is a terrible player. One of the worst in the league.

As for his goal tally for this season, 4 of the 10 were against Dumbarton in the cup when they won 8-0 of whatever. Hardly prolific.

As for that God awful celebration - what the fuck is he trying to do?

I hate Billy Mehmet. He is a terrible player. One of the worst in the league.

As for his goal tally for this season, 4 of the 10 were against Dumbarton in the cup when they won 8-0 of whatever. Hardly prolific.

As for that God awful celebration - what the fuck is he trying to do?

Someones bitter. For being a "shite" player he put his goal away well and sent us out the cup.

Haha. I'm not bitter at all. Thought he was shite for a long time before last night and nothing has changed that today.

We were shite last night, thats that. Move on and look to Sunday.

He did score the goal that put us out, well spotted, he's still shite though.

Edit: Plenty of shite players have scored against us in the past and Mehmet wont be the last one.