Jamie Murphy

lennyhenry

IMO we need to start giving this boy more chances in the 1st team. against hibs last season and towards the start of this season he was brilliant. he was getting MOTM every time he played, now he has fallen out the picture. Surely he would have made an impact last night. not saying he should start but he is better than darren (head down and run as fast as you can) smith.

not sure i agree think he went on a good run but fizzled and hasnt done anything when coming on since september ish

Agree thought his performances have dipped since his good run of form. Don't know if it is a confidence factor but murphy playing with confidence certainly would have changed the game last night.

i'll agree that his performances dipped when he was in the team, but when he was introduced he was the best player on the park. and when was the last time that he was given a decent run out?

what we lack is someone that can take a man out the game. the only person we have got that can take a man on is o'brien and he cant cross a ball so it doesnt really matter. With half an hour to go murphy should be given a chance because he has the potential to change the game.

I'd like to see Murphy featuring a bit more. He can at least beat a man and bring something new to the team. I'm not saying he's the messiah, but it's got to be worth a try when the guys in the starting 11 he could potentially be coming on for aren't offering anything, what have we got to lose?

but murphy playing with confidence certainly would have changed the game last night.

Not if he got the same shite service from midfield that we were dishing out last night.

Like many folk on here, I'd like to see more of Murphy but we should take care not to pin to much hopes on him being the answer to our poor link up play or as the next big thing. Let Murphy develop in his own time and we'll see just how good he can be.

IMO we need to start giving this boy more chances in the 1st team. against hibs last season and towards the start of this season he was brilliant. he was getting MOTM every time he played, now he has fallen out the picture. Surely he would have made an impact last night. not saying he should start but he is better than darren (head down and run as fast as you can) smith.

_295102_lenny_henry150.jpg

With Lenny on this one. Although Murphy can come on and be totally ineffective at times, i still think he has the potential to bring more than DLS and O'Brien

• 1 month later...

I said this before but I think Murphy has been exposed to first team football far too early. We are in danger of wasting a talent just because we have a very small first team squad.

The Smith/Murphy thing, well horses for courses but one thing I do like about Smith is he is a big lad and has a physical presence that Murphy just doesn't have and I think that is important in the SPL.