Never Again

decorator

Why are we so bad?IMHO most of the current problems are due to burnout. For the last couple of seasons we worked wonders with one on the smallest squads in senior football. Players were regularly playing with knocks, qualifying for Europe became the norm expected even. This eventually has caught up mostly with the midfielders even Lasley looks worn out.Because of the changes to qualifying introduced by UEFA, even some of Europe’s famous clubs were having to qualify earlier, this included Inter Milan, Villarreal, Celtic, Leiga Warsaw, Aberdeen to name a few. All had to qualify at early stages this has had a negative effect on some of these clubs early league form – in our case it's still happening.Inter Milan were in the bottom half of the league for most of the army stages, Celtic, Aberdeen, St Johnstone and ourselves all had poor form and long queues for the treatment tables.In previous seasons we had to replace at least half our team at the end of the previous season, this season we didn't but still restrained a very small squad. When the players started to pick up more knocks after the very short break between season starts (body's did not have enough time to recover) these minor injuries have become long term because the players affected most are the ones who have played with little recovery time between seasons for the last couple of seasons. Given the short time between seasons I'm not surprised that we are not fit enough.As is typical in the SPL(SPFL Premier league) if you have a poor start your in trouble. We have spent all of this Eason without a fully fit squad few midfielders have been available. Hamill,ZFA, Lawson,Vigurs, Leitch,Carswell have hardly been available and when have have not always been fully fit. McManus has struggled with injuries and personal issues, Lasley looks worn out and needing rested but is still trying to do it all on his own.Reid is in his first full season as a full time player. Moore was recovering from serious knee injury.Kerr,Twardzik,Law,Erwin are stills young and need support of seniors in squad.Sutton cannot play up front on his own but is still our only goal threat when supported.Ainsworth is one of these high confidence players who when playing well and regularly will always create chances and score the odd outrageous goal or two this season he has absolutely no confidence and there is no reserve league he can gain that in.Ramsden was ok until he missed penalty in league cup tie at Hamilton (I suspect a lot of flack was pointed in his direction with in the dressing room for that) given his attitude during the league game against Hamilton was the absolute worst I have ever seen fro a professional footballer during that game and has been since. When all these things are taken into account a disaster of a season was almost inevitable.It's now time for the fans to get fully behind the players and management no matter how poor the performances. Not convinced the we have appointed the best manager but we will be relegated if we change again now, we are where we are and it will take all of us fans and players to get out of this predicament – it is still in our own hands just. We are overdue a bit of luck during a game.

Can't agree with that, I go to every game hoping to win. I might not expect to in my sensible head but what's the point going if you don't at least still have the hope of that special moment.

I've had loads over the years.Beating hearts in the cup.Cup finals even the ones we didn't win.Hibs 6/6 being really special with jukavitchs goalThe sound of jim hamilton hitting the ball to score against celticDavie cooper ripping up,the wingPsychos goal and elbow on peter grant.

Need I go on, it's a bad time yes and I'm for from a happy clapper infact quite overly critical at times but it won't last forever. Sure we may go down but then we have the excitement of trying to win the leauge (lets not forget did we not set some points or wins record doing it before, old age getting better of me)

One chapter will end whether we stay up and rebuild for next season or a total rebuild in the championship.

Key sara sara

• Like 1