Skippy Sunday

ONeils40yarder

Skippy sunday was all about stopping someone have a party at our pad. Although Celtic were not invited to the stands the amount of them everywhere was shocking, a fair few kept their mouths shut and weaseled away, a few were quite opinionated. Loved that day.

Canny mind if that was the day a celtic fan attacked a 'well fan who was in a wheel chair and ma big mate set about the Celtic fan only to be lifted, but upon the 'well fans and a few decent Celtic fans telling the officers what happened they let him go. Was defo a Celtic game anyway.

its how I can live with it, no acknowledgement to anything other than Motherwell doing it for Motherwell,

got a banterous dry.gif jibe today about desperation of Mcdonald returning, fella didnt like me reminding him it was 10years since Skippy Sunday, at closing time one of his colleagues asked me if I was going to Falkirk tonight to watch my team, they are all riddled thinking its all about them or the other mob, and they try and claim everything for themselves

days like Skippy Sunday, Owen Coyle Day, Second Place Sunday are all about Motherwell for me.

edit :blink: May is indeed a very, merry Month

The Bigot Bros can't, and never will, accept that if you don't support their side, you must belong to the other half of their depravity.

I'd quite happily live with a Scottish game devoid of any of the two of them, but until that happens, I'll live with more than a degree of satisfaction when we upset their expectations.

As for Skippy Sunday, I only made the last 30 mins of the game due to being the dutiful parent, but what a 30 mins - only glad that I made it to witness it in person.

And just for the record, hope I'm there if the it becomes the turn of their Bros

MON RA DOSSERS

I was lucky enough to watch the Skippy Sunday game on a Celtic TV stream.

The commentary went from celebratory to concerned after Skippy's first goal. After the 2nd goal the commentary went dead for the rest of the broadcast.

Good times.

Don't think they were actually able to win it that night, were they. My memory is playing tricks - I thought that game was 1-1! Was that the year they were in the UEFA cup final and had a huge backlog of games?

It's been mentioned earlier but we did prevent them winning 9 in a row against us but that was Ibrox rather than Fir Park.

A wee bit of graham and pettigrew

WTF was with the silky soccer skills from Wullie Watson at the start of the build up to our second goal ??? :yahoo:

Don't ever remember Wullie doing anything other than going through people or lumping the ball up the park. That was positively Messi-like !!

Skippy sunday was all about stopping someone have a party at our pad. Although Celtic were not invited to the stands the amount of them everywhere was shocking, a fair few kept their mouths shut and weaseled away, a few were quite opinionated. Loved that day.

Canny mind if that was the day a celtic fan attacked a 'well fan who was in a wheel chair and ma big mate set about the Celtic fan only to be lifted, but upon the 'well fans and a few decent Celtic fans telling the officers what happened they let him go. Was defo a Celtic game anyway.

It was

That game. I was one of the yellow jackets stood track side. Never seen so many unhappy faces leave the East Stand after a Well win lol