Double Standards, Hipocracy, And Lies

milo

At the Nancy home leg I sat in the South Stand to take advantage of the kids in for free deal. My friends and I have a massive 'Well flag that we often take to games and my friend suggested that I hang it over the first tier at half time and he would a photo of it.

Surely no harm in that?

As I attempted to do this, plod waded in and took great pleasure in telling me this wasn't going to be allowed. I explained that the Old Firms fans regulalry do this so what was the problem. He fobbed me off by saying this was his first game at Fir Park etc.

Anyway, I located the head steward (Kenny someone?) and he explained that this never happens, and under no circumtances was I to be allowed to hang a flag over the tier, no matter how briefly. I asked why it was ok for the Old Firm to do this and he replied "I'll bet my salary they aren't allowed to do it".

It was plain for anyone who was there today to see the two Celtic banners that hung permanently over the first tier today (one was a shitey Che Guevera one. Must have enjoyed the recent film?) and there were also at least 2 draped over at half time.

So Kenny, if you ever read this, you are in short a liar and I look forward to receiving your salary. I accept cash, cheque, or paypal.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Firm fans are allowed to do what the hell they want at Fir Park.

Someone near us was told by a steward to put a Scotland flag away, the steward was promptly told to beat it. Another steward also tried to get Motherwell fans to sit down, despite about 3/4 of the entire top tier in the South Stand standing for the whole 90 minutes.

It's an absolute disgrace that "our" stewards treat Motherwell fans like second class citizens, but allow the Scum to do what the hell they want, and one of these days a steward is genuinely going to start a full-scale riot.

Although there seemed to be a fair number of coppers wading into the Cooper Stand during the second half which was good to see - I assume some of the Timothies up the back had been smacking the windows of the boxes?

there seemed to be a fair number of coppers wading into the Cooper Stand during the second half which was good to see - I assume some of the Timothies up the back had been smacking the windows of the boxes?

From where I was it looked like they were fighting amongst themselves, a few of them got papped oot and at least 2 of them were properly huckled away.

There were a few minor incidents after the game outside the East Stand gates, why do the police when segeregation is so paramount inside the ground not send the fans from the South Stand straight out on to Windmillhill street instead of being allowed to come down Glencairn street where we are all coming out.

Old Firm fans are allowed to do what the hell they want at Fir Park.

Although there seemed to be a fair number of coppers wading into the Cooper Stand during the second half which was good to see - I assume some of the Timothies up the back had been smacking the windows of the boxes?

Apparently not Jay, supposedly it was 2 women fighting and a number of onlookers intervened, resulting in a few people getting lifted!

I heard they were trying to arrest someone for stealing a pie, (honsetly! ;) ), then they all started kicking off.

On Jays 1st point, I'd be interseted to see if I could get away with parking wherever I liked outside the ground when we play anybody else? They (celtic and rangers fans) just park wherever they like!

Remember the hibs game when the stewards went in and took the tri-colours off the fans? I was waiting to see if they would try that today ... it would've been a laugh if nothing else!

You all having a laugh expecting the rightous do gooders that are the stewards trying to do anything other than to give greif to motherwell fans, getting them to sit down etc When on this site a steward himself came on and admitted that he is scared to go in and tell old firm fans not to do things such as to stand. Although they have the backing of Lanarkshires finest whom today took nothing to do with the motherwell fans standing as they can see it is a joke. The stewards and club officals are a disgrace and only a few are the execption.

Guys ,

With regards the flying of national flags at Fir Park whether it be Scotland , Ireland , Serbia , Slovakia or whatever these are permitted under all circumstances unless of course they have an offensive emblem or slogan on them ; even then they can only be removed with the match commanders say so and police assistance.

If a steward tried to remove a saltire I cannot understand why and on behalf of the club apologise sincerely - that should not have happened.

I removed the Hibs flag from their support that day and was wrong to have done so - it is true that match commender has no problem with tri-colours.

With regards the statement that (I) was 'scared' to go in and tell old firm fans not to do things such as to stand I think you will find that this is not the case - what I did say was that we would try our best to have them sit down however we would be on a hiding to nothing - we did try however and of course as soon as one section sat down we were met with ' stand up for the champions ' etc - it happens too when we try to get well fans to sit down.

Today's match seemed to be a constant slog - the Celtic fans , who normally cause the stewarding staff no real bother played up big time ; we had loads of incidents to deal with today from smoking , theft , breach of the peace , threatening pie staff etc etc - in all these incidents the stewarding staff suffered constant verbal abuse yet we still did our job the best we could.

With regards the flying of flags over the South Stand tier I must admit that I did not see this due to me involved so heavily in the Cooper today however the policy is that these flags are not permitted where they extend down to cover the hospitality boxes or indeed cover an advertising hoarding - that policy is in place throughout the ground.

If any of you want any direct answers to any questions at all about todays match please PM me and I will endeavour to give you a timeous response.

With regards the flying of national flags at Fir Park whether it be Scotland , Ireland , Serbia , Slovakia or whatever these are permitted under all circumstances unless of course they have an offensive emblem or slogan on them ; even then they can only be removed with the match commanders say so and police assistance.

If a steward tried to remove a saltire I cannot understand why and on behalf of the club apologise sincerely - that should not have happened.

That's good to know, cheers for that mate.

Today's match seemed to be a constant slog - the Celtic fans , who normally cause the stewarding staff no real bother played up big time ; we had loads of incidents to deal with today from smoking , theft , breach of the peace , threatening pie staff etc etc - in all these incidents the stewarding staff suffered constant verbal abuse yet we still did our job the best we could.

Use your influence if you have any to have them banned from that area in future if they can't behave. I know a good few Motherwell fans who would jump at the chance of those seats :thumbup:

:thumbup::P

As I was leaving the East Stand today there was a senior plod ( scrambled egg around the hat type ) standing just before the steps down to the gate. As it was obvious that the Celtic fans (sic) were being allowed to leave the Cooper at the same time I asked him (politely I may add) what happened to the Health & Safety issues about both sets of fans meeting behind the Copper.

His reply ?? " Nothing to do with me. On your way"

Now he is probably getting about £300-400 for an overtime shift.

So why the F*** is he there if it has nothing to do with him.

As it was there was a wee bit of bother just outside the gates as I left with I think a couple of Celtic fans being huckled by the police.

Totally predictable and preventable if the people in authority would do what they are supposed ( and being paid ) to do.

No doubt the papers tomorrow will be full of S***e about Well fans singing The Famine Song to wee Aiden whilst the Smeltic fans stood for the whole match in the South Stand and gave us several renditions of The Soldiers Song and other associated Irish Ditties.

P.S. can somebody point Samaras in the direction of a branch of Boots to buy some shampoo. ( He looks like Hartleys love child)

Anyway

Mon the Dossers.

I heard them booing at the On Loan song early on, obviously got cloth ears and just asumed it was THAT version. Wouldnae surprise me if sections of the meedja had cotton wool in their ears also and try to land an accusation on us. But not once did we sing the Famine Song so they can fuck themsels