Celtic

Andy_P

Who's Your Choice?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. You know the drill. Player or Null Vote......

• Graeme Smith
    • Paul Quinn
    • Stevie Hammell
    • Mark Reynolds
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Maros Klimpl
    • Marc Fitzpatrick
    • Stephen Hughes
    • John Sutton
    • David Clarkson
    • Jim O'Brien
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Null Vote

Another difficult one, though for completely different reasons to Thursday night.

Lots of potential candidates today. Reynolds? Craigan? Hughes? Just edged out by a domineering display in midfield from the Slovak Psycho.

Reputations stood for nothing as he gave them no respect whatsoever and powered through them several of them at various points of the game. Brilliant.

Went for Klimpl but could just as easily have gone for O'Brien.

Thought Jim's engine was fantastic, his chasing back was superb and was always looking to get on the ball. Still a lot of rough edges to his game but he's the kinda guy that looks capable of creating when he gets on the ball.

As for Klimpl, I just love the way he plays. Sometimes you find a proper midfield hardman, but it's not often you find one who also has the ability to put his foot on the ball and pick out a pass. Plays as if he has absolutely no idea who any of his opponents are, and wouldn't give a shit even if he did. Theres too many footballers these days who will go down at the slightest touch, but Klimpl has that old school attitude that you dont see anymore unfortunately, where the LAST thing you will let happen is for an opponent to think they have hurt you.

Oh god - this is a hard one. I though craigan, o'brien, hughes and klimpl were all great. And (don't shoot me) I thought Fitzy had a good first half. I have to vote for Klimpl though - although apparently he was lucky to stay on the park (I've been told). I thought it was a harsh yellow ;)

Went for O'Brien but there were a number of contenders today. Don't think anyone had a bad game. Klimpl was excellent as was Fitzy (esp. 1st half) but it was O'Brien's tireless effort in both attack and defence that I think made him stand out. I thought Sutton did a hard job well today and put a hell of a lot of effort in, even though he was out on his feet by the time celtic scored.

Reasonably solid at the back and just a single silly mistake which you get away with against other teams but not the old firm. Good job today guys and a thoroughly deserved point.

Jim O'Brien got my vote as well. A constant problem to Celtic's left flank and also did a tremendous shift defensively.

Any honourable menshy too for Fitzy, who worked tirelessly and played well in the middle of the park.

Went for big Maros as he was prepared to stand up to Scott Brown when the ref wasn't, the wee git was at it from the first whistle when he tried to mix it with Sutton before any Motherwell player had been within ten yards of the ball, obnoxious little toad that he is. No failures today but the Loanee superstar is top dollar for me. :thumbup:

Klimpl for me, adds so much to our once bullied defence especially after an early yellow card, JOB had a fine game also, great outlet and tracks back well, he is becoming a serious contender for player of the year if he keeps up they performances. Most improved player by a mile, keep it up JOB.