Where Are All The Fans?

groundhopper2000

Just watched the match on German Tv and the ground looked half empty even the Celtic end was full of empty seats. Why are people not going anymore ?. Went to a match yesterday FC Schalke 04 Reserves v Rot-Weiss Essen in Div 4 and there were nearly 14,000 at the match . The night before Schalke played Dortmund and there was over 61,000 at the match on the same ground. What is the solution to bring back the fans?

http://groundhopper2000.blogspot.com/

Just watched the match on German Tv and the ground looked half empty even the Celtic end was full of empty seats. Why are people not going anymore ?. Went to a match yesterday FC Schalke 04 Reserves v Rot-Weiss Essen in Div 4 and there were nearly 14,000 at the match . The night before Schalke played Dortmund and there was over 61,000 at the match on the same ground. What is the solution to bring back the fans?

Too expensive

On TV

Credit crunch

..But most of all our chairman decided to bastardise the club by pandering to the dominant bullies in the league by giving up the sanctity of our home ground to them.

As a result around 1000+ 'regular' fans refuse to go the games vs the Old Firm.

- Recession.

- Population of Germany 80 million + (according to Wiki) compared to the Population of Scotland 5 million

- Schalke reserves (a fantastic attendance) but they represent one of the largest clubs in Germany.

- Cooper fiasco, many fans vowed not to return.

- Plenty of fans are disgusted by the songs and actions of a certain set of fans and refuse to go.

Yes I think it is the cost. I paid 12 euros today for a good seat in the Main stand but it only cost my mate 15 euros on Friday for a seat behind the goals against Dortmund. When I went to Love Street for the St M v Motherwell match in dec I was sitting next to the motherwell fans in the st m end behind the goals, they had one food stall and at half time they had no pies left and their coffee was stone cold. Yesterday as always there is plenty of food and beer at german grounds and not much waiting. Beer at 3 quid a pint but that is how they make there money. 12 Euros a ticket and 20 Euro per head spend on food and beer. Just a thought s

Don't know the future for Scottish football. Bring back a terrace area ?

Bring back at least some terracing. Cut prices. Stop treating fans like criminals. Kick out over-saturation on TV. Bring in summer football. Improve service to customers. Stop lying to us. Get some grass on the fucking pitch. Connect with the community. Keep home fans in the home end and away fans in the away end.

Stop treating fans like criminals.

What exactly are the stewards doing when they appear to stare out the fans??

It seems to be increasingly more obvious as the weeks go on.

We stood and applauded when we equalised, and two female stewards took a few steps towards where we were standing. I'm absolutely no threat to security, but the stewards were obviously ready to pounce if I'd attempted to invade the pitch.....

Not that I think its worth noting, but I was treated to two repeats of the soldier's song in the 67 minute...very clearly too. :thumbup:

Bring back at least some terracing. Cut prices. Stop treating fans like criminals. Kick out over-saturation on TV. Bring in summer football. Improve service to customers. Stop lying to us. Get some grass on the fucking pitch. Connect with the community. Keep home fans in the home end and away fans in the away end.

Yes 100%. I think in German football there is too many police around but unlike the stewards at UK grounds they are in the whole ok and don't growl at you as the uk stewards do.

Why would the Soldier Song bother Alan Dick? The Soldier Song is not Sectarian in anyway. Now, if they added the "Up the RA" then it becomes a question for Alan Dick.

Soldier song isn't sectarian, but they sing it for a reason.

Anyway, the 3 blasts of the 'Boys of The Old Brigade' are worthy of note, as are the renditions of the Celtic Symphony with it's praise of the IRA.

Positive action against sectarian incidents though..... :thumbup:

Just had a read at your website and have to say that's excellent work you've done, good to see how other teams compare to ours.