• Stephen Pearson
    • Scott McDonald
    • Lee Erwin
    • Marvin Johnson
    • Conor Grant
    • John Sutton
    • Dominic Thomas
    • Null Vote

Many good candidates tonight, Erwin, Johnson, Laing, Pearson and Ainsworth were outstanding, McDonald too, just wish he could stay onside occasionally. Voted for Lasley though, covered every blade of grass and totally bossed the midfield.

Plenty of contenders but Erwin for me, two quality finishes to put us in control. Fair play for Barraclough for sticking with him, looks like he could go on to score plenty and Sutton looks plenty capable of coming on putting some away even if he doesn't.

Gave it to Erwin with his 2 goals of real quality. No one will be wanting to face Johnson, Ainsworth, McDonald and Erwin in this type of form. Add in Handsome John's threat from the bench and we could win the remaining 6 matches. The players certainly have that kind of confidence and outlook which is refreshing to hear.

Went for Johnson, thought he had his best game and was unlucky not get a couple himself. Looks like he can hit a volley as sweet as you like and his two assists were excellent; particularly for McDonald as he could've been greedy and had a shot but recognised he was in a better position. The ball in for Sutton's first was simply sublime.

Three wingers on the park last night and all of them set up the goals. Tremendous to watch and Dom Thomas doing Goodwin and his reaction was the icing on the cake.

Special mention to George Long who had his best game for us, I thought. Only punched once and made a decent contact, catching everything else; an excellent near post save from that header in the 2nd half, too. Too many times we're quick to criticise when mistakes are made; he was flawless last night. His reading of through balls/chips over the top stopped St Mirren getting in behind on a few occasions.

Easily could have went for Lasley, he bossed the midfield.

Or could have been Laing, looked solid at the back.

Every time Ainsworth got the ball I got excited, so an obvious choice?

Pearo oozes class in the middle - another stellar performance worthy of MotM.

Big Lee scored two great goals and put in some shift. Really excited for his future.

McManus back to looking absolutely solid, providing great experience.

Law is arguably most improved player I've seen in a long time. Looks very composed at full back.

Straker wasn't utter pish - so good for him.

The big handsome bastard came on and scored a double. Quality.

MacDonald worked his arse of running the channels and always offered something.

George Long never put a foot wrong and looked completely composed with all the was thrown at him.

But for me, Marvin Johnson gets my vote. For the last few weeks he's been arguably the most consistent top performer, only missing out on MotM to someone having a stormer. What a left foot he has - been desperate for a left sided player of his ability for years. Tidy on the ball, pace to burn, direct and a real creative force. A couple of assists and unlucky not tho be on the scoresheet. Top effort.

For me, one of the hardest MotM votes ever! Whole team were solid. What a change from a few months ago.

You could make a case for almost all of the starting 11 (the keeper had a quiet night and Straker, was less shaky than usual but shaky none the less).

The 4 lads up front, gave St mirren a torrid time, Josh Law looked like a solid, dependable right back, the 2 centre-halves were as commanding as you'd like to see and Pearo put in the type of performance again that he has put in over the past month or so.

For me though, Lasley was the boss, he was all over the park and drove the team on...I've never 100% bought into the man-love for Keith but last night was just one of those nights that he never put a foot wrong.