Mst Open Meeting

MST

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another excuse Jamie?

What'll it be next.... :unsure:

I can't go as I've something else on but just because Jamie has been critical of the Trust in the past doesn't mean he should go anymore than anyone else otherwise his opinions should be disregarded. The Trust have always been half-ful of well meaning individuals but until they deliver something of real value to either the club or to the fans than a lot of our support are entitled to be sceptical of the Trust.

The more things change the more they stay the same . .

Will you be in attendance Lip?

I know you have plenty of ideas on how to improve the Trust.

Unfortunately business keeps me in Manchester tonight, but if anyone calls for a mass cull of the current board and an injection of fresh blood with new ideas for the benefit of the fans rather than the Trust, they can have my proxy.

The more things change the more they stay the same . .

That over-used little ditty sums it up perfectly. The vast majority of the snipers roll out excuses on the day of the event as to why they can't attend a Monday evening they've known about for weeks, or possibly months. Maybe Ewan Cameron has a point about this site...

Anyway, the turnout was pretty shocking, as to be expected, but I'd like to think the people who were there had most of their questions answered and maybe learned a thing or two about what we're trying to achieve. What's important from my point of view is that there was also a few constructive suggestions made by people (members and non-members) about what we can do to increase the membership. They will be taken on board and hopefully pay dividends.

I'll probably go into more detail later, or maybe someone else will as I'm rushing out to work just now but I'd say that the meeting went well enough.

Frazzle

I thought it was a good excercise last night, but as Fraz said an appalling turnout. I have stayed away from joining the trust up until now, but after asking a lot of qustions last night and getting every one of them answered I will be signing up directly.

It certainly came across last night that the fellas on the trust board care passionately about making the trust work, they have some good ideas on taking it forward, as well as some good suggestions from the members and as of last night non members.

To all the snipers and detractors, join up and give it a go, get involved, if you have an idea that you would like to see implemented, put it forward, the more ideas the better, give the trust the same support as you give the club.

That over-used little ditty sums it up perfectly. The vast majority of the snipers roll out excuses on the day of the event as to why they can't attend a Monday evening they've known about for weeks, or possibly months. Maybe Ewan Cameron has a point about this site...

Anyway, the turnout was pretty shocking, as to be expected, but I'd like to think the people who were there had most of their questions answered and maybe learned a thing or two about what we're trying to achieve. What's important from my point of view is that there was also a few constructive suggestions made by people (members and non-members) about what we can do to increase the membership. They will be taken on board and hopefully pay dividends.

I'll probably go into more detail later, or maybe someone else will as I'm rushing out to work just now but I'd say that the meeting went well enough.

Frazzle

That attitude helps a lot mate, exactly the way to attract new members.

I didn't have an excuse, I just couldn't be fucked coming down.

That attitude helps a lot mate, exactly the way to attract new members.

I didn't have an excuse, I just couldn't be fucked coming down.

To be honest with you, I don't have much time for the trust. I don't really see the point in it. But for a guy who has so much to say about the trust, your attitude is the one that seems a bit strange...

It was discussed yesterday that there is obviously a fair bit of apathy , but I think the Trust took a positivie step with last nights event and even despite a poor turnout I think that similair events will help re-build relationships between the Trust and the Motherwell support.

There will always be people who don't take an interest and many people have valid reasons for doing so. But I think that Fraz summed it up last night when he said that it is hard to know how we move forward without the input of the fans. Criticising for the sake of criticising serves no purpose.

To be honest with you, I don't have much time for the trust. I don't really see the point in it. But for a guy who has so much to say about the trust, your attitude is the one that seems a bit strange...

Absolutely, I couldn't be fucked going either but I choose not to have a pop at them on public forums. He entitled to his opinions but if you want to be so forthright then saying you just couldn't be fucked going to something where you could have put your thoughts and views across at a meeting designed for that very purpose makes you look a dick if you keep battering in with the often petty sounding jibes.

That's one thing that we discussed at the meeting - apathy. We'll do our best to combat it, and I think we're slowly making progress.

A Supporters Trust isn't everyone's cup of tea and that's fine, but when I see the positive impact some Trusts have had on their clubs, particularly down south, it makes me want to get involved. Anything that could potentially be advantageous to MFC and the fans will always get my support. It is disappointing to see that the attitude of some people is to take pot-shots and not take the chance to back them up, but as I said at the meeting last night, I will intentionally be distancing myself from such posts on here from now on.

Frazzle

Frazzle

Just what we've come to expect from you Frazzle.

The Trust organises an open night and get a poor turnout, so right away Frazzle turns both barrels on the fans who didn't turn up. Personally I was gutted that business kept me in Manchester last night as I had every intention of putting in an appearance. Unfortunately I won't get up until Friday so bang goes my ticket for the Mega bar as well.

I have said this before but it bears repeating.

The Trust needs to take a long hard look at itself and ask itself why the fans are so apathetic. You have to ask yourself what you are doing wrong, and it's patently obvious that something is not right, and try to sort it.

Firing broadsides at the fans because YOUR Open day was not as well attended as you wanted is certainly not the way to go about it, but typical of the Trust from what I've read on these boards anyway.

the only one of teh Trust who posts on here who speaks any sense is Andy Ross and even he talks of "rebuilding the relationship with the support" which pre-supposes there was one in the first place.

Where i will disagree with Andy though is where he says "criticizing for criticizings sake serves no purpose" That is only true if you ignore the criticism, if you take it on board and address it then it can be extremely useful.

Give us something to address. As I said earlier, Moe Green turned up last night and made some constructive suggestions, which have been taken on board and will be worked on. If every fan/member did the same, we'd be in a much healthier position. However, I would imagine that if you'd turned up last night, you would've just told us how shite we were. That doesn't help.

Give us something constructive, something to aim at, something to address. Don't just mud-sling.

Frazzle

Give us something to address. As I said earlier, Moe Green turned up last night and made some constructive suggestions, which have been taken on board and will be worked on. If every fan/member did the same, we'd be in a much healthier position. However, I would imagine that if you'd turned up last night, you would've just told us how shite we were. That doesn't help.

Give us something constructive, something to aim at, something to address. Don't just mud-sling.

Frazzle

It is disappointing to see that the attitude of some people is to take pot-shots and not take the chance to back them up, but as I said at the meeting last night, I will intentionally be distancing myself from such posts on here from now on.

ahem.

Why don't the Trust try and give the fans something to aim at rather than it being the other way around? I know where you are coming from but the trust in my view lack any real vision or sense of purpose. Give the fans a real reason to join the Trust not stay away from it. I'm certain that there are a number of folk who seen the vision at the start and signed up. They are now dis-illusioned through failure to deliver anything of value to the club or the fans. Try winning back some of that initial support. You've got a real opportunity this time in that the current regime are more open to outside involvement than previous high heid-yins in the club which the trust which had Flow and the like came up against.

If the Trust wanna speak as the voice of the fans through the media then they should be just as willing to take criticism when it comes on board. A number of folk are criticising the Trust for the sake of it. If they didn't have any interest they wouldn't make any comment. Some folk on the Trust board (not a criticism on some of the newer members) don't really get that they are in a Trusted position and in my opinion are letting the fans down. Passion for the club counts for nothing when you are in a position of responsibility and aren't delivering!

P.S. The reason I wasn't there last night was because I've my own wedding to arrange and had a prior commitment. Even if I had a free night I doubt I'd have been there as I'd hate to have wasted a night when in a couple of years time the trust still haven't delivered anything of note. Its up to the Trust and note the fans the prove me wrong.

No member of the MST board should be directly involved with MFC, other than being a fan.

Is that not common sense?

Giving the main aim of the Trust is to get someone on the Board, it's going to be hard for them not to be involved with MFC, if and when it does happen.

I know frommy time on the Board that it was the people that had connections with MFC that helped us get things done and vice versa when the club needed anything.

Doesn't matter who it is,they do help.

I wonder how much wouldn't have got done without Martin Rose being on the Board or the likes of 'Flow being friendly with Al McDonald or Keith with Chris McCart.

The Trust need some folk to have connections with MFC where possible. 'Flow resigned as soon as he got the job at the club as he didn't want a conflict of interest. Whereas Martin, if even unofficially gives the Trust some way into the Boardroom at present. Until the Trust get someone there on merit, then he'll have to do.

Dodge/TheLip69

I like the thought of having a major focus in a certain area of the club. The recent meeting with Gordon Young was very interesting and as the young guy there last night said "these guys are the guys we hope to see playing for the first team one day."

If the Trust could be helping for instance the Under 15's side travel to a tournament abroad , pay for extra kits etc they would be seen to providing something of real value to the club.

The recent vast improvment in the the club website would mean these tournaments would gain more publicity and the Trust would be seen to be providing the club with something of use.

Alongside this the Trust also has to be seen to be serving the interests of the fans on occasions where greivances occur.

On the criticism point , I think there are certainly trust related posts on here which are certainly hold up. But there are times (bear in mind I've been on the board only four months) where I would like to see someone get in touch with an idea to bring forward.