Who's Fixing The Half Time Draw?

steelboy

Midweek we had a controversial off pitch draw, today we had an incredibly unlikely run of numbers. It's impossible to figure out the actual odds unless you know how many tickets are in it but pulling two consecutive numbers then a number within 5 either side of them is a massively unlikely event.

It's possible it's a fluke but it's far more likely it's fixed, the question is who? Burrows? Dom Thomas? The Announcer (who may or may not post on here and somehow knew the same person didn't win all three)? The Well Society?

We need an independent adjudicator for the Cove game.

pulling two consecutive numbers then a number within 5 either side of them is a massively unlikely event

If it were a truly random draw, which is presumably the ideal, that sequence would be exactly as likely to happen as any other.

(Reminds me of Apple having to make the shuffle feature on their iPods less random, because people thought it wasn't random enough -- just because it sometimes played two songs from the same artist one after the other...)

Midweek we had a controversial off pitch draw, today we had an incredibly unlikely run of numbers. It's impossible to figure out the actual odds unless you know how many tickets are in it but pulling two consecutive numbers then a number within 5 either side of them is a massively unlikely event.

You're certainly welcome in any of my poker games.

"He was dealt 2 aces the last hand, the odds he as 2 aces this hand are ASTRONOMICAL!"

It's possible it's a fluke but it's far more likely it's fixed, the question is who? Burrows? Dom Thomas? The Announcer (who may or may not post on here and somehow knew the same person didn't win all three)? The Well Society?

We need an independent adjudicator for the Cove game.

I'm not sure if you're having a joke, or if you're completely mental.

You're certainly welcome in any of my poker games.

"He was dealt 2 aces the last hand, the odds he as 2 aces this hand are ASTRONOMICAL!"

Before the 1st hand the odds are astronomical.

Although it's the same astronomical odds on any 4 cards over 2 hands.

(48,260/1)

Much as the odds on any 3 tickets coming out whether it be 1,2 and 3 or 564 312 and 988.

If it were a truly random draw, the sequence you describe would be exactly as likely to happen as any other sequence.

(Reminds me of Apple having to make the shuffle feature on their iPods less random, because people thought it wasn't random enough -- just because it sometimes played two songs from the same artist one after the other...)

I'm fairly certain that if there are ( alow estimate) 500 tickets the odds of drawing two consecutive numbers is 500-2.

To then hit a number within 5 either side of that is 498-10.

It's roughly a 12000-1 shot.

Considering that there's been less than 5000 games at Fir Park it was a very unusual draw.

I'm fairly certain that if there are ( alow estimate) 500 tickets the odds of drawing two consecutive numbers is 500-2.

To then hit a number within 5 either side of that is 498-10.

It's roughly a 12000-1 shot.

Considering that there's been less than 5000 games at Fir Park it was a very unusual draw.

But that's the odds of any named combination.

I can understand why it seems less likely, but statistically it isn't.

I think you might be onto something here Steelboy.

I think we should have an independent adjudicator signed up to deal with these draws.

We can avoid doing the above when people stop being a bellend. Unlikely so let's go with the above...

I originally suspected Dom Thomas cause he's got a cheeky wee face.

However Frazzle is acting awfy guilty so i'm considering a conspiracy from your mob.

Going forward i'm willing to go out on the park at half time and keep it honest.

I originally suspected Dom Thomas cause he's got a cheeky wee face.

However Frazzle is acting awfy guilty so i'm considering a conspiracy from your mob.

Going forward i'm willing to go out on the park at half time and keep it honest.

Pop out against Cove. I'll send you the tickets in advance that are to be pulled out. Sortit!

What's your estimate of the odds for 500 tickets?

Just shy of 21million to 1, presuming you're not fussed on what order they came out.

(That's just for any 3 pre-decided tickets, if you allow for any 3 from a block of 10 with 2 being sequential, that's much less, about 250,000/1)

It's a feckin great draw . We won the £50 one the day totally random . Get a life or off the sad betting sites. I'll bet you thought it was the FBI that shot Kennedy an all.

Would explain why he's suddenly no' even making the bench right enough...

• Like 1