Radio Scotland - Team-Mates

grizzlyg

I only saw the aftermath of the McNair/Griffin incident, I was putting the steam room in the Fir Park dressing room at the time and Griff was rushed through to the dressing room (the steam room was in beside the showers) and could hear Tam Forsyth shouting the odds on the other side of the showers at I presume McNair. Must have been some punch as Griffin required dental work afterwards.

A quick google throws up the fact that Colin McNair ended up in court for drugs offences in the early nineties. Looks like e was extremely lucky to avoid a custodial. I had a faint recollection that he was prosecuted for the assault on Jim Griffen, but that may be wrong, especially as the previous conviction would have stood against him for the latter conviction.

Again purely from memory, I seem to recall him coming on as an early substitute in a game at Fir Park and giving an excellent account of himself, though I think we lost the game. It may have been as a replacement for Colin O'Neil who ad played on for a few minutes with what turned out to be a broken leg, but that could just be my memory mixing up events.

He undoubtedly had talent and really hit the skids when things did not work out for him. Hopefully he has managed to come to terms with his demons and is in a better place today.

Again, my memory isn't always the best but didn't Eddie May spend a lot of time at right back too? And yeah, Didn't Craggs only serve as a filler at that stage and was behind Greig Denham(?) in the pecking order?

One of Craigan's first games for us was a midweek match against Rangers. All our experienced centre backs were injured and he played alongside another youngster, Denham I think. The feeling was a mauling was on the cards but the game finished 0-0.

I remember that one cos I skipped work to go to that game.