Scottish Premiership Heart Of Midlothian V Motherwell Sat 26 Nov 15:00

Yabba's Turd

He is making strides. But in an earlier interview McGhee said they are still following the protocol for head injuries which means he can't play this year.

There's also the fact he wasn't able to train at all since the injury until last week, due to the protocol. So, they not only need to take it slowly as per protocol, in case he relapses. But he also has a lot to do to get up general and then match fitness as he hasn't been able to keep himself 'ticking over' in the mean time as you would maybe think you could.

He is making strides. But in an earlier interview McGhee said they are still following the protocol for head injuries which means he can't play this year.

If nothing else the fact that the nature of his injury will have meant he'll have been unable to do any sort of training since the injury occurred at the start of August will mean he'll be starting from a really low base level of fitness.

He's had the best part of 4 months out with presumably the bare minimum of activity (no weights, cardio etc). Even overlooking any protocols that need to be followed it'd be mental to expect him to be anywhere near fitness until the new year.

Edit: just saw I've pretty much said the same thing as superward. Apologies, hadn't seen your post before I commented.

• Like 2

There was only a minute between posts so you must have been typing pretty much the same post at the same time.

I hadn't realised he couldn't even keep a certain level of fitness through treadmills etc. He really needs the equivalent of a pre - season all over again once he's able to start full training again. Looking forward to seeing him fit again as I didtthink he looked as though he had something to add to midfield.

• Like 1

2 pages for a game against Hearts, games against this lot always used to generate a lot of interest and debate on here. I know there's been another thread on site traffic and such but I didn't think interest had dwindled as much.

Anyways onto the game, either a score draw or a thumping today for me. Anyone confident of 3 points?