History Books

Lukemfc1

The upcoming cup final has had me thinking. I was born the year after 91 and haven't seen us win anything. A win would mean everything to us all here but even more so to the younger generation that have seen no cup success. Much like the feeling I can imagine most had in 91 after a long wait.

Thinking about this has had me looking at our (limited) historical success over the years. A lot of this is covered online but I was wondering if any of you could recommend any historical books that delve into our history in a bit more detail. Stats and figures are great but wondering if there is any with anecdotes, social history, success stories etc. Would be good to learn more about the club pre and post war. There's a few floating about online but wondered if anyone could mention any in particular?

Thanks in advance!

History of The Steelmen 1886 - 1986 by John Swinburne. Essential reading for every Motherwell fan. His follow up book Well Worth the Wait covers the period up to the 91 Cup win and is also a great read.

• Like 1