Klimpl

orange county dosser

Has anyone else noticed that since Klimpl did his wee interview with the papers "praising" referees in Scotland, for letting him be a bit "heavy" in the challenge without getting booked, that he has been booked in almost every game since !!! :thumbup:

Me thinks his master plan has backfired !!!! :lol:

Mon the Klimp !!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really hope we can get him permanent if poss he's what we've been missing in midfield for ages, great passer and great tackler he's no feirt!!!

Agreed !!

He looks and sounds like he's really enjoying his time here ....especially now that he's fit and playing regularly !!

suppose its all down to money, whether we can sort out a deal for him :P

Fingers crossed !!

Guest 'Flow

He's had six bookings (five of which in the SPL)....

That doesn't always automatically result in a bad because I think you get different disciplinary points depending on what sort of foul you commit (and are cautioned for).

Another smashing "Simple but effective" performance from him yesterday!

'Flow

Dunno if we have similar rules to England.

When it hits March then the booking limit is increased to 10 I think from 5.

As during the Sunderland - Liverpool match, Whitehead was booked (5th of the season) and the commentator claimed he was lucky it was the 3rd of March by then and the limits had increased.

So, I suppose if this rules applies in Scotland as well, we are fortunate that Klimpl missed the first half of the season and was unable to accumulate any more bookings.

Regardless, I am sure Flow mentioned elsewhere, you get points for the type of booking, and as Maros' challenges haven't been too bad, surely hasn't accumulated that many points.

Hopefully.

Taking it off topic, but how hard is it going to be for MFC to keep the Klump?

Wages, transfer fee etc......all I know is that he adds a great deal to the team and it would be a travesty of he was allowed to go back to Denmark, or be poached by another SPL club, without us trying to keep hold of him.

Maybe we should start a wee petition. :blink:

Thinking back to the really positive threads when he first came into the team. One or two (or more??) on here wanted him (quite vocally) on the first boat back to 'Midgieland' (which I take it is just south of Fort William)

He was shite apparently - would never add anything to our team.

Mon the Klimpl!

Thinking back to the really positive threads when he first came into the team. One or two (or more??) on here wanted him (quite vocally) on the first boat back to 'Midgieland' (which I take it is just south of Fort William)

He was shite apparently - would never add anything to our team.

Mon the Klimpl!

He was shite at centre back. He is a completely different player in the middle of the park and I hope we can keep him aslong as possible!

A big well done to the Gaffer for giving him another role which we showed he can play to his best ability in!

Does 7 yellow cards not add up to a ban then? I trying to remember Football Manger cause i'm sure its the same!

it does in FM. But FM doesn't use the rules that the SPL does because tbh, they are not anywhere to be found in print. Each booking has a different weight (just as Two Yellows in a match is worth less than a Straight red I believe despite both ending in the same thing).

While he was being played at centre back he was obviously struggling a little bit but showed glimpses that suggested he would do a job in the holding role. McGhee moved him forward and he hasn't looked back since. The club MUST do everything they can to keep hold of him as he is a crucial player to the team.

Think we have absolutely no chance of keeping Klimpl unfortunately. I'm sure the team he is on loan from paid about £500K for him and if that's the case then we can thank him for his services and look elsewhere at the end of the season.

AFAIK aren't FC Midjtylland in serious financial trouble, and was one of the reasons they wanted Maros away to get rid of at least his wages for half a season (which in turn has lasted a full season). I thought they were crippled financially.

And was it not only 100k they wanted back in the Summer, and we couldn't afford it and as a result of wanting him off the wage bill, they were happy punting him to us on loan instead. So, if they were looking for 100k back then, he will have a year less left on his contract, and therefore they are in a lesser position to negotiate a better deal. So, don't reckon they would be too hard to deal with.

Cost I don't think is going to be that much of a problem, our problem lies if someone else comes in and pinches him from us.

AFAIK aren't FC Midjtylland in serious financial trouble, and was one of the reasons they wanted Maros away to get rid of at least his wages for half a season (which in turn has lasted a full season). I thought they were crippled financially.

And was it not only 100k they wanted back in the Summer, and we couldn't afford it and as a result of wanting him off the wage bill, they were happy punting him to us on loan instead. So, if they were looking for 100k back then, he will have a year less left on his contract, and therefore they are in a lesser position to negotiate a better deal. So, don't reckon they would be too hard to deal with.

Cost I don't think is going to be that much of a problem, our problem lies if someone else comes in and pinches him from us.

If thats the case, i hope they do the deal quickly behind the scenes. No press coverage saying McGhee wants to buy him etc etc which is only going to alert others.