Buzz... Moving To Hibs ?

orange county dosser

No harm to him and he has been great for us at times, but he isn't exactly irreplaceable.

Any chance of us getting another keeper who can collect cross balls and command the penalty area

That is true everybody is replacable but every keeper at SPL level is going to have his faults.

Would you replace buzz's qualities of shot stopping to instead be able to catch crosses and command the penalty area?

Here's hoping that Frazer is that man that is a solid all round goalkeeper but i fully expect Buzz to be leaving at he end of the season unfortunatly :lol:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Buzz does leave, and it looks increasingly likely that he will, then I expect us to sign another goalie to compete with Michael Fraser for the first choice position.

IF he signs any pre contract then straight out of the first team. I am not going to pussy about this issue so if he does not want to play for us - beat it. YES he is a good shot stopper - BUT he has been culpable along with certain defenders in losing a number of goals we should never have lost. The other night at Tynie he dived away from Drivers stooped header from a ball which literally bounced in front of him.

http://sport.scotsman.com/spl/Paatelainen-...mith.5054206.jp

Paatelainen rejects talk of Smith deal

Published Date: 10 March 2009

By Iain Collin

HIBS manager Mixu Paatelainen last night insisted he hopes to secure Grzegorz Szamotulski on a long-term deal as he laughed off suggestions he was ready to sign Motherwell keeper Graeme Smith on a pre-contract agreement.

Smith has so far failed to pen fresh terms with Motherwell and weekend reports claimed he would move to Easter Road on a free transfer at the end of the season. However, Paatelainen, who is continuing his search for a long-term solution to his goalkeeping dilemma, has dismissed the claims and maintained no talks have taken place with the former Rangers player.

He said: "That is just some agent's way of advertising his player. There have not been any talks with him at all."

Paatelainen brought in Szamotulski on a short-term deal in January and the 32-year-old has added badly-needed security between the sticks with back-to-back clean sheets in Hibs' last two matches against Falkirk and Hamilton.

Paatelainen added: "We are very happy with Szamo and we'll see what happens there.

"I think he's done a good job for us since he came into the team and obviously we've got to look at that situation.

"His wage demands are quite big. But he enjoys it here, he enjoys training and playing with the rest of the boys, so we'll have to wait and see."

Anybody remember Kerr ??????

I have no objection to any player wanting to secure a financial base for his family and good luck to him. But, if he wants a football future and participation in a higher level of football i.e. Europe, is Hibs the right place? I'm not saying we are, but Hibs?

He has been a decent keeper, no more, no less. He had potential, but he never really showed it, did he?

We have Fraser and I think he will be supported by another loan keeper who will be happy to sit on the bench and take a chance on getting a chance. Don't think McGhee will take 2 keepres to challenge for the number 1 jersey. One will always be hacked off - not a good idea! No. 1 plus a chance - that's not a bad situation for a team like the Well.

Of course it can be upsetting. Strange surroundings, away from family and friends, wife/girlfriend stuck at home with the kids while the player is away preparing for or playing games.

Not everybody can adapt to change easily. Look at Stevie Hammell as a prime example. He knew his family weren't as happy as they should be so he brought them home.

How patronising does that sound. First off given the decent money footballers get even assuming the wife/girlfriend has kids to look after I can't see them being stuck at home unless they as timid as mice. Assuming they not got their own career I still imagine there plenty opportunity to meet new people and make friends etc, fair point about possibly missing family but again we only talking moving south to england it not that hard to go up and down have family visting and go back and visit etc.

That said further you go the more difficult if you are particuarly close to your family/friends from back home but the homesick excuse always sounds a bit mental to me.

Saw this in the Eveningtimes

"HIBS have made a move to land Motherwell keeper Graeme Smith on a pre-contract with a view to signing the 25-year-old on a three-year deal.

Smith has been attracting interest from several Championship sides, with Nottingham Forest and Cardiff understood to have been monitoring his situation But Hibs have faxed Fir Park with a letter of intent, and Easter Road officials will speak to the player and his agent.

Well have tabled an offer of a new deal to their keeper, but he seems certain to leave after three years at the Lanarkshire side."

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/sco...78057-21199206/

Graeme Smith: I Want To Play For A Club That Can Split Old Firm

Mar 15 2009 By Scott Mcdermott

MOTHERWELL keeper Graeme Smith won't rush in to signing a deal at Hibs - because he wants to join a side capable of splitting the Old Firm.

The 25-year-old is out of contract in the summer and won't be short of offers from clubs in Scotland and England.

The Hibees have expressed an interest and will speak to the former Rangers goalie soon.

But Buzz denies he has already signed forMixu Paatelainen's side and will weigh up all his options before making a decision.

Smith said: "If Hibs want to make contact fair enough but I haven't already signed for them.

"Motherwell made me an offer a year ago and that's still an option. I don't know where my future lies and only found out Hibs sent a fax to Fir Park on Monday.

"But I need to consider what's best for my family. I've became a father in the past year so it won't simply come down to money.

"It's also about furthering my career because I want to play at the highest level possible.

"My ambition was to finish third with Motherwell again this year but I don't think that will happen.

"I'd love to be at a place where we could challenge the Old Firm as I don't believe they have aGodgiven right to the top two spots."

Smith has been involved in the Scotland set-up and admits he has matured since leaving Rangers as a frustrated kid in 2005.

He said: "I used to be five-percent crazy but I've grown up a bit and it's down to one per cent!

"I'm capable of losingmy head when things go wrong but that's just part of my personality.

"Coming here after Rangers was the right move because it took my career to the next level and I'm looking to do that again.

"If staying at Well is best then that'swhat I'll do but I'm prepared to move to England or abroad."

Fir Park boss Mark McGhee is desperate to keep Smith despite signing Inverness keeper Michael Fraser on a pre-contract.

He said: "I think Graeme wants to stay. As time goes by and he sees more people staying, hopefully that will persuade him.

"He has worked really hard at his game and can get back in the Scotland set-up."

I take it Smith was talking at a press conference because there's a very similar interview in the Sunday Herald. Reading between the lines, it looks as though he's only going to re-sign for us if he doesn't get a decent offer from elsewhere. Surely we've got to put some sort of time-limit on the offer to let us know where we stand and let us plan for the future.