Craigan Testimonial

Megastar

Delighted for the big chap - I love his work on the beeb, another who is doing all he can to spread the Motherwell gospel to the masses!!

Deserves his day - and while Glentoran would be great for him - a sub 5,000 crowd wouldn't. A half decent team and a decent crowd would be more fitting imo.

I don't recall us ever getting a huge crowds for any testimonial in my time so not overly optimistic this will be any different but hopefully he'll get a decent turnout.

That's why I was wondering if it'd be worthwhile asking NornIron if they'd fancy appearing. Long shot I know, but given the service the man himself has given his country?

Guest 'Flow

The big problem with the IFA idea is, of course, insurance. Some of the guys that play for the Northern Irish team are worth millions of pounds - in a non IFA sanctioned game (as it were), they would be unlikely to agree to donate the insurance that could run into astronomical figures. That's not even mentioning trying to get individual permissions from clubs to release their players for such a game!

Just on Crags in general - I really can't say how pleased I am for him that his contribution to the club is being formally recognised. A real, real top bloke both on and off the park and he is a true ambassador for the club. I know personally just how much enthusiasm he has for us and whilst he'll always be a Glens fan - he definitely would consider himself a Dosser.

Remember it's a Testimonial year - a game is just one of a few things that will take place throughout the 2009/2010 season!

Well done Crags - totally deserving of all the nice things people are saying!

'Flow

Congratulations and well done to Stephen. Been a great servant to the club. Didn't think I'd see him back at FP when wee Gerbil Jaws let him go all those years back. But he kept the faith, didn't quit and worked damn hard to prove it was a mistake letting him go so he deserves all the plaudits coming his way. A gentleman and a real pro.