Motherwell v Dundee United 03/09/22

SteelmaninOZ

That was a game we should have definitely won , only disappointing thing for me was it finished 0-0

Some great football yesterday which we haven’t seen much of in the last 3/4 years 

Heard a few Dundee United fans on the bus yesterday on the way home delighted with a draw, and things are looking up for them despite being bottom with a goal difference of minus 16 , to me that is a sign of definite improvement after the two Sligo games that they were happy coming away from Fir Park with a draw 

19 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Yes, Goss played very well. I felt a bit sorry for Tierney. As on Wednesday he came in for some stick, which was no surprise. Hopefully he'll beef up a bit and toughen up.  

It seems to be a bit of a Scottish Football obsession about beefing up to handle the physicality of the game . 

I remember the Russian team that came to Firpark a few seasons back (was it Krasnador?) and it struck me how many of them looked more like African distance runners than traditional football players.. They ghosted past a Motherwell side that were made to look very static. Admittedly that was a fairly expensive team from memory. Certainly it showed that pace and athleticism can be ask effective as strength.

If Tierney adds too much weight he might lose some of the other strengths in his game.

Topically, I remember watching Louis Moult for the first time up at ICT for  that seasons opening game and feeling that he looked a bit lightweight. Wes Fletcher looked the better option that day. To counter my own argument, I think Moult did some physical conditioning in that first year and did become more robust.