Motherwell v Aberdeen 22/10/2022

SteelmaninOZ

On 10/23/2022 at 4:20 PM, Spiderpig said:

Even if SH was ripping into them as you put it and the players dont respond what can he do, have people forgot we are in a bit on an Injury crisis at the club just now, a paper thin squad with no cover, none of which is SH's fault, he inherited the mess. So currently we need to run with what we have and the team we had out yesterday is probably the strongest 11 we could field, maybe Cornelius in for Tierney from the start is all that he could realistically change.

So we need to run with what we have until the injured players recover( maybe never in the case of Aarons and Moult) to give us more of a threat and pick up as many points as we can before January when we can hopefully strengthen the squad and get a couple of goalscorers in. So basically people need to cut SH some slack at the moment and wring their knickers out, no need for any pant wetting just yet.

I have cut him slack for the 12 or so games he has been in charge. It is a results driven business, just ask the previous manager.

I merely observed that the results are not improving because players are making the same school boy errors over and over again.  So, they are not being improved by the current coaching regime. That needs to change.

SH took the job knowing the squad. He knew what he was getting and knew the financial state of the club. 

On 10/27/2022 at 2:53 PM, ppower said:

I have cut him slack for the 12 or so games he has been in charge. It is a results driven business, just ask the previous manager.

I merely observed that the results are not improving because players are making the same school boy errors over and over again.  So, they are not being improved by the current coaching regime. That needs to change.

SH took the job knowing the squad. He knew what he was getting and knew the financial state of the club. 

The players and performances did improve under Hammell.

You only need to look at the performances and points in the first part of the season. 

Efford is a prime example of that.

We have just had a tough run of games which we had to play with a lot of our forward players unavailable through injury and suspension.

That has disrupted our play and heaped more pressure on the defence.

We need everyone back and some extra cover in January.

• Like 1