Manager Of The Month - Well Done Gaffer

Guest 'Flow

And good statement in the press as well . good on ye muttley

Mark McGhee says his Motherwell side are the best Scottish Premier League team outside the Old Firm.

McGhee has been named Clydesdale Bank Premier League manager of the month for February, during which the Fir Park side won two and drew one league games.

"I've said all along that when we have our best team out there, we're the best team outside of the Old Firm," McGhee told BBC Scotland.

McGhee believes his side, who are in seventh spot, can finish fourth.

And they will have the chance to climb the table when they take on Dundee United at Fir Park on Saturday.

"If we go another nine games unbeaten then we can overtake these teams," said McGhee.

"What I need to do now is win the awards for March, April and May. If I do that I think we'll be where we want to be. To (finish fourth) we have to continue to win football matches.

"I think if we were to go and get the same sequence of results as we did in the last 10 games, then we'd finish fourth. o.gif

"We're only where we are at the moment because of the horrendous catalogue of injuries, illness and suspension that we had in November and December.

"We're not the strongest squad and we're always going to be undermined by injuries, where teams like Aberdeen and Dundee United, who have bigger squads, can compensate."

A number of McGhee's squad are out of contract in the summer, but he remains hopeful of persuading some key players to sign new deals.

"If we make Europe, that would be a big incentive for the likes of Stephen Hughes and Graeme Smith to stay," he added. "There are discussions going on and there are offers on the table, but these boys have decided to keep their options open, but we still hope to persuade them to stay here."

Throwing good money after bad...?

Well Melvin, my first impressions weren't so much think it was throwing good money after bad but I did think if we can retain Klimpl then its certainly that could be better utilised elsewhere in the team.

And not's even taking into account Malcolm's willingness to sign having not kicked a ball in anger for almost three months now.