Motherwell Supporters Trust Open Letter

Frazzie

Thanks to Motherwell_Fan for bringing this matter to the attention of the MST. Ideally, this letter will see Kilmarnock reducing our prices accordingly for saturday. If not, it should at least have an impact on their pricing structure for next season. Fingers crossed....

Hi Kirsten ,

I am contacting you on behalf of the Motherwell Supporters Trust regarding the pricing structure for Saturday's SPL game between Kilmarnock and Motherwell.

From our understanding of the information on your own and the Motherwell FC website the prices for the game are as follows.

Moffat stand(home)

£15 adults

£10 over 65, under 18, student

£5 under 16

Chadwick stand(away)

£20 adults

£14 over 65, under 18, student

£5 under 12

It is also our understanding that rule C14.6.1 within the SPL Handbook mentions that comparative prices should be charged for comparative facilities. As both the Moffat and Chadwick Stands are almost identical in structure and are both behind the goals , shouldn't it be the case that the prices for both stands should be the same?

A number of Motherwell fans have expressed their grievances regarding this issue and with that game being shown live on television it is a worry that a number of people may choose to watch what is a huge game for both clubs on the television , rather than travelling to Rugby Park.

I hope this email has been sent in the right direction , if not could you please forward it to the relevant personnel?

Regards

Motherwell Supporters Trust

I will post up any response we receive as soon as we get it.

Frazzle

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda outwith our remit Jamie....

No shit :lol:

OK, I'll send another letter, insisiting that Jim Jeffries fires three up front! And if that happens, you all must surely join the Trust!

Frazzle

Fuck sake pal, I didn't ask you to write another letter, I was simply adding to the reason why I am many other won't go to this game.

Well in, the Trust actually doing something.

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your email, whilst I appreciate your concerns there are extenuating circumstances which have resulted in the difference. The Moffat Family Stand is for family groups of two or more home supporters including at least one child under 16. On a related note a large amount of free tickets are provided to this stand throughout the season to local schools and clubs. For this particular match we have provided over 3500 free kids tickets as part of the community programme.

As such the reduced prices illustrate the large number of children present in the stand.

You will note that prices in the East Stand, Main Stand and Chadwick Stand are the same.

Regards

Kirsten Callaghan

Club Secretary

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your email, whilst I appreciate your concerns there are extenuating circumstances which have resulted in the difference. The Moffat Family Stand is for family groups of two or more home supporters including at least one child under 16. On a related note a large amount of free tickets are provided to this stand throughout the season to local schools and clubs. For this particular match we have provided over 3500 free kids tickets as part of the community programme.

As such the reduced prices illustrate the large number of children present in the stand.

You will note that prices in the East Stand, Main Stand and Chadwick Stand are the same.

Regards

Kirsten Callaghan

Club Secretary

Maybe I am misinterpreting this......

So 2 x Motherwell adults and 1 x 15 year old all going to the match as a family would pay £54, yet 2 x Killie adults and 1 x 15 year old all going to the match as a family would pay £35. Only difference is what end of the park you're at.....hmmm, I smell shite!

Karen ,

I understand and fully back your efforts to help increase the number of children going to football matches ,

However surely even offering the family deal to Motherwell supporters would help encourage extra bodies through the gate??

Given the current climate , awkward kick off time and television coverage , surely it would make sense to offer the same incentives to away supporters as are already available to home fans?

Especially given the fact that Killie have already distributed 3,500 free tickets , would it really hurt to reduce the prices for away fans (where as a result an extra 100/200 fans may travel to the game?)

Regards

Andy

The email which was sent also aknowledged that Motherwell failed to reduce the prices for the home game against Killie and outlined our dissapointment at both Motherwell and Killie for pricing fans out of the fixtures between the two clubs.

The email which was sent also aknowledged that Motherwell failed to reduce the prices for the home game against Killie and outlined our dissapointment at both Motherwell and Killie for pricing fans out of the fixtures between the two clubs.

That answers the question I had. Was there not supposed to be some reciprocal agreement between us wee teams regarding ticket pricing, or have I just been off the booze for too long?

There was something along those lines with two or three teams a few years, but I think you're thinking about John Boyle's comments post-Old Firm ticket fiasco, when he said that he would be looking for them to reciprocate. Never happened though.

To be honest, it's unfortunate that Setanta announce their games as they go along as it would have allowed the prices to have been slashed for both matches, but when we had the game on the Monday at Fir Park, we weren't to know that this one would be on Setanta aswell.

Frazzle