Klimpl For Nowt

Wellworn

Motherwell could sign Maros Klimpl for free this summer after his agent revealed FC Midtjylland have agreed to release him from his contract

Slovakia international Klimpl, 28, has impressed in Mark McGhee's midfield since joining on loan in November.

His representative Tony Asghar said in the Daily Express: "Maros still has a contract with Midtjylland for another season but he has made it clear to them he wants to pursue his career in the UK.

"With that in mind, his club have agreed to release Maros from his contract, so, at the end of the season, he will become a free agent.

"Maros is keeping his options open for next season and that could also include staying at Motherwell.

"He is very happy at Motherwell. His family are also across here and settled, so that is another important factor."

Oh dear, this sounds like an attempt to start bidding war for his wages which we will surely lose.

Unfortunately, I don't think we can sign him on a pre-contract as he is not in the last six months of his contract, even if they are prepared to tear it up at the end of the season. Hopefully they may be able to reach a gentleman's agreement but that's all we may be able to manage until the end of the season when we see if that really is his club's intention.

Hopefully McGhee can throw his weight around like he did last year after deciding to stay on, he did it on the stipulation that Porter, Hughes and Reynolds would not be sold in the Summer. All 3 of which stayed, and obviously included knocking back a good bid from Rangers. So, again hopefully this time around MMG can go to JB and demand that Maros gets what he wants (within reason of course).

As far as I am aware, he does seem to be slipping under the radar. I mean not many journalists, commentators, analysts etc seem to be talking him up much. Certainly not like Clarky, O'Brien and perhaps even Hughes. I know we all rate him hugely and all pretty much agree he is immense, but from the outside looking in not many seem to be taken notice.

Also, any chance that he could be re-called to the Slovakia team for the friendly vs England next week?

Would be great for Maros to stick Rooney & Co up in the air.

As far as I am aware, he does seem to be slipping under the radar. I mean not many journalists, commentators, analysts etc seem to be talking him up much. Certainly not like Clarky, O'Brien and perhaps even Hughes. I know we all rate him hugely and all pretty much agree he is immense, but from the outside looking in not many seem to be taken notice.
Good point. Maybe, because we have been waiting so long to see a player of his style, we are over rating him slightly. While he is the perfect addition to our midfield, teams like Hearts that have an abundance of hard men, might not rate him so highly.

Have to agree with Gaag, Malcolms arse warms up more of the bench than what Klimpl's will. Also lets remember we need that extra size of arse to help keep the pitch defrosted next season if we get anymore problems with the USH.

Get rid of Klimpl, he's gash!!!

Can we not sign him permanetley now?! I know it's outwith the transfer window and all, but he is already a registered Well player with the SPL til the end of the season so should have no effect if the move becomes permanent!

That said, I take this news with a pinch of salt. I think his current mob would be foolish to let him go for nothing and may look to milk some dough out us!

Do it. Cancel the flags, re-write the song and start talking about all his yellow cards in a negative way...

Edit; and shoot his agent

And while we're at it don't anyone sing the "He's only on loan" song - it'll alert opposition managers to the fact he's on loan! :lol:

I'm pretty certain that moves are being made quietly by the club to sort something for next season. He certainly seems to like it here and his relationship with the fans will surely help.

Fingers crossed we can keep him.

I'm pretty certain that moves are being made quietly by the club to sort something for next season. He certainly seems to like it here and his relationship with the fans will surely help.

Fingers crossed we can keep him.

That and the fact that we stood by him when he was injured and extended his loan. We showed him some oyalty so perhaps he will pay us back in kind?

That and the fact that we stood by him when he was injured and extended his loan. We showed him some oyalty so perhaps he will pay us back in kind?

Hope so Haggis, would restore ones faith in footballers wouldn't it?