1999 Programmes ?

AllyMax

Does anyone on here deal in old programmes ?

If so, looking for either the one from a friendly against Carlisle on the 24/7/1999 if one exists 🙂

If not the one from the first SPL game of the 99/00 season, at home to Hibs on the 31st July.

19 hours ago, Ped_MFC said:

Saw one for the Carlisle game sold today on eBay, really hope it was you that got it!

It was 🙂 Good spot !

A mate of mine recently tried to get me a program from the year I was born, but he couldn't cause I don't think programmes had been invented yet 🙂 He managed to find me 2 from 1965 in a charity shop which he got for like 50p each or something. 

The Carlisle one was for my son's birthday (his D.O.B). He's moved back to the mainland for Uni and now can go to games without relying on me for money and lifts. I've given him a bunch of my progs (which I collected from 1972 to 2005) and thought that would be a nice wee addition.

• Like 1

Glad you got it. 

I managed to get the programme from the day before I was born (a home defeat to Dundee in the LC in 1965) as well as the first home game after my brother was born in 1960.

Those were lockdown purchases when there wasnt much else to do. Brian at Almondvale Programmes normally has a good supply of older programmes.

I have a lot of programmes still,  I used to collect them even from games if I had not been there

There used to be a guy who had a shop in Kilmarnock years ago, who had quite a good collection of Motherwell ones

33 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

I have a lot of programmes still,  I used to collect them even from games if I had not been there

There used to be a guy who had a shop in Kilmarnock years ago, who had quite a good collection of Motherwell ones

I've got most home progs (in several suitcases) from 1974 to 2005, which is the time period when i had season tickets. Only go to 6 to 8 home games a year now, cause and long since stopped 'collecting' them.  

What a great idea, just discovered that Motherwell beat Hearts 2-1 at Tyncastle on the day that I was born. Helps being a Saturday child.