Top 6

Juan Kerse

Fuck one game at a time for a laugh. We want to know now if we can sneak into the top 6 and thus have a bash at 4th and the summer holidays getting aff our tits in lithuania or some shit that will bring!!

So a wee peak at what should happen and where it will leave us:

Aberdeen:

Well (a) (Lose)

ICT (h) (Win)

Celtic (a) (Lose) (3 Points)

United:

Celtic (h) (Lose)

Hibs (h) (Draw)

Accies (a) (Draw)

Killie (h) (Win) (5 Points)

Hibs:

United (a) (Draw)

St Mirren (a) (Win)

Rangers (h) (Draw) ( 5 points)

Motherwell:

Aberdeen (h) Win

Rangers (a) Lose

St Mirren (h) Win (6 points)

There are a couple of 'error on side of caution' such as United v Hibs - could be a home win easily and Aberdeen v ICT, you never know with El Tel's side and Hibs could easily get beat at home to Rangers but are also likely to get a draw too. But keeping it pretty conservative the table would be:

4th: United (48 Points)

5th: Aberdeen (47 Points)

6th: Motherwell (46 Points)

-----------------------------

7th: Hibs (45 Points)

:lol::(:(

I don't think we'll take any more than 4 points from the last 3 games. Possibly less if we persist in not playing Clarkson from the start and O'Brien on the left. I'm not convinced by McLean and Quinn playing together on the right.

That's a no from me.

I don't think we'll take any more than 4 points from the last 3 games. Possibly less if we persist in not playing Clarkson from the start and O'Brien on the left. I'm not convinced by McLean and Quinn playing together on the right.

That's a no from me.

Aye cause we didn't beat United by playing Clarky from the bench and O'Brien on the left. Nor were Quinn and McLean in the same team for that same game.

I do love this site. One week we win, the next we don't and it was because of team selection/tactics not being able to do the job, yet it did the week before. People seem to forget that. No one was complaining about the tactics when we beat United... :lol:

Not to mention Clarky had a guilt ridden miss which he would have actually normally put away if he composed himself

I think Hibs won't win at Love Street, and we can win at Greyskull. They are utter, utter gash. No reason we can't get something there, despiet the negativity from yesterday.

I think Hibs won't win at Love Street, and we can win at Greyskull. They are utter, utter gash. No reason we can't get something there, despiet the negativity from yesterday.

Unfortunately we've been saying that for like since the last time we won there! :lol::(

Guest 'Flow
I do love this site. One week we win, the next we don't and it was because of team selection/tactics not being able to do the job, yet it did the week before. People seem to forget that. No one was complaining about the tactics when we beat United... :lol:

I had typed out a reply which was almost identical to that but pulled it because I didn't want to see like I was having a go.

But I suppose you and I aren't the only ones to notice it...

'Flow

Aye I know....but it's got to end sometime!

Well, one of our pish runs HAVE to end to reach the top six. Either we win at Ibrox, or win on Live TV. Me, I will be optimistic, and go as far as we won't drop a single point until we play at Ibrox/Celtic Park after the split. :lol:

We got away with it against Utd granted. I don't think it's the best formation we could play though. Plenty folk did comment on the formation at the time.

No "doom and gloom" from me. We have lost both games against Aberdeen this year, haven't won at Ibrox since May '97 and have only beaten St Mirren 3 times in 14 attempts. Possibly shouldn't have commented on team selections as that's maybe for another thread but Clarky gives 100% and runs through brick walls for the cause. The other two upfront are either unable, or just plain unwilling to do that.

Gotta love this site for folk unable to take a different perspective on things.

It was a disappointment our performance yesterday. Whilst an away point is always welcome there is a general consensus (from MM aswell) that we did not turn up. A real wasted opportunity and ultimately one that will cost us a chance at 4th spot.

As for top 6 - for me it is quite simple - win on Saturday v the Dons and I think we will make it - any other result and we are likely to fall a little short.

God knows what Hibs side will turn up in the next few games - mind you much the same could be said about the Well :lol: I reckon it will come to the last game before the split - watching Hibs v Gers knowing that a draw or a Gers win will keep us in the top 6.

I hope we do make top 6, and would be amazing to make europe but really really worried we wont do either,weve fucked up just about every important game weve had this season and for the next 3 games were gonna need a massive improvement in effort/luck/general play.

As i said, hope we do but worried we wont. Time to strap ourselves in, the ride could be about to get rough

To be honest I've not really been looking at the other teams fixtures and guessing how their games will go. Sometimes it can cause you more anxiety than its worth trying to figure it out as soon as something goes astray.....like United taking a point off Celtic for example. :P

What I will say though while I don't think I'll be that upset if don't quite happen to make it into Europe, I think, given the recovery since Christmas, it'll be a bit of a sickener if we end up with another round of fixtures against St Mirren, Killie, Accies, Falkirk and Inverness.

With 3 games to go, I think it comes down to us and Hibs for the 6th spot. If we make it we can then start looking at the teams above us, who we will hopefully have closed the gap on. Unfortunately I think the Kilmarnock result was a lost opportunity and I think we'll just miss out, but I hope I'm wrong because it will be a huge anti-climax for whoever finishes 7th.

I have a feeling we blew the top 6 on Saturday.

With the current Top 6 playing each other that was a massive 2 points to lose.

If we'd won we'd be sitting a couple of points clear of Hibs and they'd be the ones doing the chasing. As it stands now in the last 3 games before the split we have to match or better their result in each game. Not only that we have to score more goals than them and at the same time concede less.

On the basis of the last few weeks we are creating chances but not taking them and that worries me that we might not get the goals we need.

That's just my thoughts and maybe that's why I ain't a football manager.

What I will say though is that even if we don't make the top 6 is that the lads deserve the credit for getting us back into the mix.

Big couple of weeks coming up for us, a win against aberdeen is now a must, Rangers is a bonus game that anything you get from it is a hudge positive. The st mirren game is another 6 pointer, nothing less than 3 points to achieve that top six spot. I thik it's going to take at least 6 points to achieve that sixth spot in the league. With every team in the league now got something to play for expect more twists and turn during the run in.