Davie Cooper

elky

Got to be the best signing during my time following MFC. What was it ? £50k ....... what a steal, and an absolute pleasure to witness such talent and skill in a Motherwell shirt :D

+1. I always remember one game in particular against a pretty nifty Hans Gilhaus-era Aberdeen side where he just put on a masterclass. Might be the single best individual game I witnessed form a player ever.

RIP Davie. 14 years? Man.....

Without question the greatest player I have had the pleasure to watch grace MFC. The man oozed quality and class at all times and his 100% commitment to us was brilliant. Without him and his influence we would not have won the Scottish Cup in 1991.

I have many fond memories of Coop - a game against Celtic where he took Mike Galloway to the cleaners stands out along with the legendary (if urban legendary !!!) comment to John Philliben after a couple of wayward passes....."For $%^$ sake Softy, we're in yellow!".

May he rest in peace.

Stuart.

Jeezz...14 years!!

As said by everyone else, to this day I still get a great sense of pride knowing that a player of that calibre not just played for our club, but in a way we reinvented each other. I mean, Dundee can say Cannigia and Ravanelli played for them etc....but Davie didnt just play for us, and he wasnt just here for the cash or to wind his career down. A world class footballer who lived for Motherwell for the time he was with us.

Ruud Gullit's favourite player no less!

Amazing how time flies, and how in that time Motherwell have lost another three of our own aside from Coop.

Today we remember Coop but also Thomson, O'Donnell and Dolan.

RIP.

What a bit of business by Tommy McLean. Davie Cooper brought real professionalism to Motherwell and so many players grew in stature on and off the park due to his presence at the club. Too many examples of brilliance to pick one out, but the look of pleasure and pride on his face when holding the Scottish Cup aloft will be remembered forever.