Ross Mccormack

garethgardner

Whats everyones oppinions now on Ross McCormack ?

I remember a few of you saying that he will start off good but then fade as he did for you. But fair play to the lad he smashed in goal numbers 22 and 23 in on the weekend and is playing out wide in midfield,

I think he is the find of the season for me a Cardiff City supporter.

Has anyones views on him now changed. Rumours going round that Rangers cant afford him now aswell.

Have you got anymore Gems like that North of the Border ? that i could look out for ?

Shame Porter got injured for Derby as he was starting to show some promise.(scoring 2 against Swansea was good for us to see)

I'm not convinced your not Dave Jones :rolleyes: , so won't be reccomending any of our players.

In the SPL just now I think there are a fair few players who could make the move to Cardiff. Players such as Andy Driver , Scott Robertson , James McArthur , Andy Dorman , Kevin McBride and Brian Kerr are all decent shout IMO.

As for Ross McCormack - he has done brilliantly and what a goal he scored at Hampden the other week as well.

Looking out for the Cardiff results every week and its great to see Roscoe score more often than not. I've never doubted Mccormack's ability and really hope he can propel Cardiff and Scotland to success.

Out of interest, whats your thoughts on McNaughton? Anytime I've seen him in recent years he has really impressed but he doesn't get much of a look in with Scotland.

To be honest, there isn't much talent floating about in Scotland and the moment, with the possible exception of Driver & Robertson.

Lobey,

Kevin Macnaughton has probably been our best and most consistent fullback for the past few seasons now. My view will be slightly biased as im a Cardiff City ambassador season ticket holder but its clear thats hes 1 of if not the best full back in this league. I dont think hes ever had a bad game for us ! Hes got legendry status with the fans and i think it would be uproar if he was sold. I also believe he can do it at Premier League level also.

How hes not in the Scotland team and Gavin Rae is i dont know. As for an oppinion on Rae - he is a workhorse but not the best footballer and i think he could be easily replaced.

I'm not convinced your not Dave Jones :notworthy: , so won't be reccomending any of our players.

In the SPL just now I think there are a fair few players who could make the move to Cardiff. Players such as Andy Driver , Scott Robertson , James McArthur , Andy Dorman ,Kevin McBride and Brian Kerr are all decent shout IMO.

As for Ross McCormack - he has done brilliantly and what a goal he scored at Hampden the other week as well.

You are having a laugh, surely.

In my opinion these two are cut from the same cl;oth, do enough to win a contract then contribute sod all else. Both of them have taken a backward step since leaving Fir Park, Kerr puklled the same trick at hearts and was dumped on his arse. McBride will be playing in the First Division with Falkirk next season, the season after that ICT and Kerr will join them.

You are having a laugh, surely.

In my opinion these two are cut from the same cl;oth, do enough to win a contract then contribute sod all else. Both of them have taken a backward step since leaving Fir Park, Kerr puklled the same trick at hearts and was dumped on his arse. McBride will be playing in the First Division with Falkirk next season, the season after that ICT and Kerr will join them.

Whoosh! :D

Edited to add "When did Kerr play for Hearts?" :notworthy::D

Lobey,

Kevin Macnaughton has probably been our best and most consistent fullback for the past few seasons now. My view will be slightly biased as im a Cardiff City ambassador season ticket holder but its clear thats hes 1 of if not the best full back in this league. I dont think hes ever had a bad game for us ! Hes got legendry status with the fans and i think it would be uproar if he was sold. I also believe he can do it at Premier League level also.

How hes not in the Scotland team and Gavin Rae is i dont know. As for an oppinion on Rae - he is a workhorse but not the best footballer and i think he could be easily replaced.

I've heard that from a few Cardiff fans. McNaughton's a player I've always rated and I'd have him in the Scotland squad every game. Not quite a first team pick, but definitely a good player to have in the squad.

As for McCormack, he's really developing into a top class player so fair play to him. From a Scotland point of view I'm delighted as it's another quality player who can actually change a game with a bit of magic, something we're short of.

Considering we jus bought Michael Chopra for 4 million , i really cant see how you say we cant afford a measily 1 mil

prove you can afford him

1 mill is a snip for him would preferabley look for about 2-2.5mill if you can stretch to it

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for pulling up and older thread, but felt this was well worth discusing....

Cardiff slap £5m price tag on McCormack

Althought it's the Daily Rancid, there is probably some truth to this - not exactly a slow news day with Rangers screwing up their title hopes last night and all.

I think it's a fair valuation and a bit miffed now that we only got £120,000 in compensation when he moved on (although he was out of contract and we had no control over it.) What would you give for a cut of that transfer fee?!

Thoughts?

Beattie has a proven record in the Premiership already with Southampton.

As for Chopra, he had 1 good season i the Championship as well, but he was only wortthat amount because Roy Keane was throwing about silly money on players at the time.

He may well go for £5 million plus in the future, but he doesn't have enough experience at that level so far. A fair whack of his goals have been penalties and most of the hype surrounding him has come form the press rather than out of Cardiff.

Teams would hold off until at least January I'd think to see how he performs for the first half of the season.

Fair enough Jonesy, I do agree to an extent.

I just think he is a "real" prospect and has a huge future in front of him. Wigan are keen to sign him to replace the likely deaprting Valencia, and I genuinely think he can do a job for andy mid-table Premiership side. He showed in the recent Scotland games that he has a real confidence about him and I think any club who paid £5m for him now, would be able to sell him for at least double in a few years time.

But as you said, its a gamble.

Was just posting this to say that it kinda leaves a bitter taste in your mouth, our player from last year is being touted by the Media as a £5m pound man!

Agreed.

:D

Bit of a long winded way to get to that.

I don't doubt he'll get his move, just a bit earl for him.

And like you say, yo can't help but feel we've been done over with regards to transfer fee's yet again.