Ffs Lighten Up !

orange county dosser

OK so it wasn't so much a bad day at the office, as a complete no show from 95% of the team, but already we've got people on here masquerading as 'Well fans, calling for McGhee's resignation, wage reduction etc etc.

Others are now talking about not turning up to the last 5 games.....??

Now I'm as dissapointed as the rest of you, but FFS WE ARE THE WELL !!

this is how we do it, "The Rollercoaster" and all that !!

Maybe its time to get off the players and Managers backs, they will be as gutted as us, and maybe ,just maybe this will be a wee well deserved kick up the arse that they all need ??

Personally I have supported the team when we've been worse than this, and will still be supportin them in thye future no matter how bad we play !! its in the blood !!

Get behind the team and enjoy whats left of our season, coz its boring as hell for long enough through the summer !!

rant over

'Mon the Well

OK so it wasn't so much a bad day at the office, as a complete no show from 95% of the team, but already we've got people on here masquerading as 'Well fans, calling for McGhee's resignation, wage reduction etc etc.

Maybe its time to get off the players and Managers backs, they will be as gutted as us, and maybe ,just maybe this will be a wee well deserved kick up the arse that they all need ??

Personally I have supported the team when we've been worse than this, and will still be supportin them in thye future no matter how bad we play !! its in the blood !!

Get behind the team and enjoy whats left of our season, coz its boring as hell for long enough through the summer !!

rant over

'Mon the Well

Thank You.... someone who talks sense.

Unusual as it may be considering you come from larkhall!!!! B-):DB-)B-)

Not even looked at the other threads yet, but I can guess what the general tone of the, will be. I also noticed a thread called 'Resign McGhee'. Jeeeeeeeesus, talk about an overreaction for fuck sake!

Poor guess. Maybe best to read it first before jumping to conclusions.

rant over

'Mon the Well

finally someone who i can wholeheartedly agree with!!

its 5 games that include OUR Well!! we should be 110% behind them no mater who they are playing!!

rant over

'Mon the Well

Good post, I could swap "The Well" for "The Saints" as we get the same over reaction on our site.

Got to keep things in perspective, not a "knee jerk" reaction after a poor performance and result. The end of the season is time for reflection.

i started going to watch the mighty well after being dragged tae nancy by my hubby & 2 sons & the well fans were amazing so now i got to every match home or away yes sometimes they are cr@p but we are well fans we take the bad with the good no matter what im gonna be at the rest of the games because a true supporter should be their through the good & bad times cant be @rsed with fairweather supporters at least we aint gettin relegated

On the lighter side, one punter in the East Stand second half, when Stevie Hammell lets the ball go out for a throw to us : "Awww for f***ks sake keep it in ya wee sh*te!"

Quick as a flash, another punter "Thats what ma wife said last night..."

Quality :rolleyes:

rant over

'Mon the Well

Absolutely. I kept my response brief in the other thread. But you said it much better than I.

See if all the greetin c un ts on here put in as much effort ''actually'' getting behind the team (As in, ''We are Motherwell, Fuck anybody else'' as they do in fantasising about running the club, or being the manager, it would help in my opinion.................. Here's a novel idea for you all........ Why not try and give the team an atmosphere (win or lose) Support was shite, as always at Fir Park these days.........

For the first time in my life I left a game before the final whistle, had I come straight home I'd have posted all manner of stuff about the gaffer must go, certain players not good enough, certain players not being there next season, not renewing my season ticket etc.

But I went to the pub instead,

Yes it was disappointing

Yes the apparent non use of subs at appropriate times pissed me off

Yes I was calling for McGhees head

yes I swore blind i wouldn't be back

But all of the above aside its still the 'well and I'll still support them, But we were still pish today.

For the first time in my life I left a game before the final whistle, had I come straight home I'd have posted all manner of stuff about the gaffer must go, certain players not good enough, certain players not being there next season, not renewing my season ticket etc.

But I went to the pub instead,

Yes it was disappointing

Yes the apparent non use of subs at appropriate times pissed me off

Yes I was calling for McGhees head

yes I swore blind i wouldn't be back

But all of the above aside its still the 'well and I'll still support them, But we were still pish today.

Fair play to you pal, we've all been there. Best way to get it out of your system as far as I'm concerned BTW. What's your thoughts on the Motherwell ''support'' ? today..........

Ye've only been goin for 6 months! :rolleyes:

Ive only been goin for 30 yrs but ill be back, that what it means to support Motherwell.

Im not claiming to be a better fan than the next person but ive watched far worse than what has been produced this year.

IMO the combination of last years success, the expectation of what was to come for a club our size and the pitch has affected the team and the way they played and the comments conveyed on this forum.

We need to, as the majority do and get behind the team, no matter of your feelings for the manager,chairman or the team are,they come and go but we dont and prepare for the games to come.

Hopefully by the time next season comes around we will have a new pitch that will give the players involved whoever they may be the confidence to play football and entertain us on the rollercoaster ride that is being a DOSSER :O

There's always someone on attempting to give the Willie Wallace rallying cry.

You know, I heard folk at the pub today talking about how we're the worst fans in the world. I disagree. I think we're the most honest fans in the world. If the team are doing shite, we'll let them know. If the team are doing well, we'll let them know. Today, the day where it really mattered they simply didn't turn up. That aided by a completely unnecessary change of tactics and formation gives us every right to be down in the dumps and angry.

There's always someone on attempting to give the Willie Wallace rallying cry.

You know, I heard folk at the pub today talking about how we're the worst fans in the world. I disagree. I think we're the most honest fans in the world. If the team are doing shite, we'll let them know. If the team are doing well, we'll let them know. Today, the day where it really mattered they simply didn't turn up. That aided by a completely unnecessary change of tactics and formation gives us every right to be down in the dumps and angry.

I am William Wallace, aye.............. When can you honestly remember an atmosphere at the ''Arc'' ?

We are a shite support................. FACT (I've always wanted to say that BTW)

Fcks sake didnt realise i was rallyin the battle cry,

What i was trying to get across is that it could and has been worse we know if it is the team you support you will be back to support them.

Agreed the atmosphere a Fir park wasnt good but since the introduction of the seats it never will be the way it was in the days of the choir, is it anywhere anymore apart from when the bigots play each other or a big international game?

You have every right to be angry but it will always move on and there will be some other shit to get upset about...........

I remember, as I'm sure a lot of us will, the season after we won the cup. It was, like this season, a big downer compared to the previous year and folk were demanding McLean went and big changes happened. Just a couple of seasons later we had our best season for decadesWITH McLean in charge. Anything less than a repeat of last season would have been a disappointment, and given that period before Christmas, this season has probably been a success if you take that into consideration. We gave ourselves a chance of the top six when, just 3 months ago, we were bottom and looking certs to be fighting for survival. So, whilst today has been a downer, the bigger picture is we are doing all right. As a Motherwell fan we have just gotta dust ourselves down and look forward. We'll top six again, we'll Europe again, we'll win a cup some time in the future. It's what we do.

I remember, as I'm sure a lot of us will, the season after we won the cup. It was, like this season, a big downer compared to the previous year and folk were demanding McLean went and big changes happened. Just a couple of seasons later we had our best season for decadesWITH McLean in charge. Anything less than a repeat of last season would have been a disappointment, and given that period before Christmas, this season has probably been a success if you take that into consideration. We gave ourselves a chance of the top six when, just 3 months ago, we were bottom and looking certs to be fighting for survival. So, whilst today has been a downer, the bigger picture is we are doing all right. As a Motherwell fan we have just gotta dust ourselves down and look forward. We'll top six again, we'll Europe again, we'll win a cup some time in the future. It's what we do.

:rolleyes: Aint that the truth