Ffs Lighten Up !

orange county dosser

I remember, as I'm sure a lot of us will, the season after we won the cup. It was, like this season, a big downer compared to the previous year and folk were demanding McLean went and big changes happened. Just a couple of seasons later we had our best season for decadesWITH McLean in charge. Anything less than a repeat of last season would have been a disappointment, and given that period before Christmas, this season has probably been a success if you take that into consideration. We gave ourselves a chance of the top six when, just 3 months ago, we were bottom and looking certs to be fighting for survival. So, whilst today has been a downer, the bigger picture is we are doing all right. As a Motherwell fan we have just gotta dust ourselves down and look forward. We'll top six again, we'll Europe again, we'll win a cup some time in the future. It's what we do.

Good on you mate, that about sums it up for me. :rolleyes:

There's always someone on attempting to give the Willie Wallace rallying cry.

You know, I heard folk at the pub today talking about how we're the worst fans in the world. I disagree. I think we're the most honest fans in the world. If the team are doing shite, we'll let them know. If the team are doing well, we'll let them know. Today, the day where it really mattered they simply didn't turn up. That aided by a completely unnecessary change of tactics and formation gives us every right to be down in the dumps and angry.

dont know about the team not turning up but the fans needent have bothered not one bit of support all day was offered to the team disgrace!!!

I dont go along with the "anything less than last year would be a disappointment" mantra. We lost Rossco + didnt replace him, and Ports was injured then sold so has missed a fair chunk of the season so missing the top 6 may be a little disappointing but really, take your goals out of the team its not that bad finishing 7th, Its more the way its happened that has stung people.

Time + again weve heard the "this is a massive game for our season" line and its been followed by a performance that would embarrass a pub team. Especially hearing this in the St Midden cup game,Killie game and today (3 times in a couple months) it just grates that in the biggest games of our season we continually see baffling tactics,zero effort and unbelieveably shite performances! so to be honest people have every right to let off steam and be a bit fucked off.

And in financial times like these, I think people have every right to question if MMG has been worth the bumper contract and also about themselves spending a fortune going to 5 meaningless friendlies

I cannot believe what I am reading here.

We are Motherwell Football Club, not Real Madrid or Barcelona.

I have followed MFC all my life and I have seen them play at Cowdenbeath and

the black ash terracing of Hampden Park on wet cold Tuesday Nights in the 1st division.

I think finishing 7th in the SPL is ok for us considering where we were 6 years ago.

We are not in any debt.

I know the entertainment factor is low but nobody in the SPL has been

worth the money to go and see IMHO.

The rollercoaster ride is great and it will continue to be so come on guys, lets get on with it and give them our backing at every game we go to.

There will be more lows than highs but when the highs come again they will be brilliant and we will appreciate them more.

What worries me is we're still not mathematically safe! If Falkirk beat us next week I will really start panicing!

3 wins in 15 attempts against St Mirren now also. That is fucking embarrassing.

we are safe.

the teams below us ALL need to win too many games against EACH other for them ALL to get above us

Correct.

Falkirk would need to win every game and us lose every game - possible.

Inverness would need to win every game apart from their game with Falkirk - possible

Accies, Killie and St Mirren would then all need to get seven points - having all beaten us they have three and lost to Falkirk and Inverness they have three out of nine, they all need to get four from each other - that can't happen.

Killie last game of the season is our only real chance looking at it. That would be fantastic if that happened. On my 21st birthday we fucked Celtic's title hopes 2-1, the day after my 25th, on the last home game of the season if we were to relegate Killie I would fucking love it!

Should we beat Falkirk, they'd potentially fall seven points behind with just 12 left on the table. We'd mebbes not relegate them, but their next game is at Kilmarnock who humped them 3-0 recently....so it'd be as good as.

I honestly cant blame the players and MMG ain't my favourite person in the world (needs to stop touting himself around and get on with what hes paid to do) but we lost some very key players in roscoe and ports and injuries hurt us badly which could have been avoided but if were going to finger point then it should be higher up as i wholeheartedly blame the pitch and the deplorable lies were were told and assurances it would be fixed were completely untrue.

The pitch was crap players struggled to adjust and as a consequence our play and tactics changed this hurt us more than anything, instead of being confident at going out and hammering teams it was more lump the ball up the park and hope for the best and without 6 ft plus strikers that wont work

Remembering where we were in DEC and the real dread of relegation i think again we have punched above our weight well done for that and please get it bloody sorter properly this time u cant play silky football on a bloody farmers field.

I would point out that Saturday was the first game we have lost at home since Dec 15th. The pitch didn't turn rubbish until mid January. The pitch didn't help anyone but I doubt it had any real impact on where we came in the league. And we can't play silky football on a decent pitch either - sadly the players this season over the 33 games have been not quite good enough.