We Could Finish "5th" This Season

Andy H

If the Dons lose next season we could finish the season with enough points to finish "5th" this season (yes I know we are 7th and are there..). After the run we had up to x-mas, did anyone really expect this?

I am glad to hear the MM is staying next season. I don't believe for one second that we can have the same shitty luck and I'm looking forward to it!

MON THE WELL!!

at least then we'll be able to say that we deserve the europa cup space since we're "5th" in the league anyway!

Seriously though, doesn't really matter. If we'd gotten into the top 6 we'd have had to play OF, NF and hearts again anyway which wouldn't exactly have been easy.

If the Dons lose next season we could finish the season with enough points to finish "5th" this season (yes I know we are 7th and are there..). After the run we had up to x-mas, did anyone really expect this?

I am glad to hear the MM is staying next season. I don't believe for one second that we can have the same shitty luck and I'm looking forward to it!

MON THE WELL!!

Looking forward to what exactly? A team without Hughes, Smith, Sheridan - perhaps Klimpl, Clarkson, McLean too all replaced with U19's who haven;t be near good enough for the bench for this season....

I want some of the pills you're on mate :rolleyes:

Looking forward to what exactly? A team without Hughes, Smith, Sheridan - perhaps Klimpl, Clarkson, McLean too all replaced with U19's who haven;t be near good enough for the bench for this season....

I want some of the pills you're on mate (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Do you seriously think we will lose *all* six of those players and not bring in any new faces? No wonder you need new pills.

Do you seriously think we will lose *all* six of those players and not bring in any new faces? No wonder you need new pills.

Well when th club manager is on record saying it looks like we will be promoting from the youth ranks this time AND we KNOW the budget is getting spent elsewhere this summer it doesn't leave me with much confidence.

Are you saying you are absoultely CERTAIN that we will bring in some quality signings like?

I would like to know what you base that on if you do.

I'm saying two things. First of all, listen to what McGhee actually said rather than the fluff rags like the Rancid spun around it.

Secondly, I would bet a large sum of money that the scenario you outlined with those players leaving and no new players being brought in does not happen. The transfer fee for Porter alone should cover the pitch repair and the fee for Clarkson, who has a full 12 months to run on his contract, would fund a replacement.

So if you are laying odds on what you are predicting, let me know.

McGhee's actual quote after the game today.

"We're probably going to lose Graeme and Stephen Hughes, but we should be able to keep the rest and I think we just want to add one or two players to replace the ones we lose.

"Hopefully, that'll give us a squad that can compete next season."

I think McLean will get a new contract. When he's not injured he can be a tremendous towering centre half and invaluable at set-pieces.

I think Clarkson will stay and I don't really see anyone else looking to take on Klimpl.

Would be great to still have McLean at Fir Park next season. Really rate him as a player and deserves the praise he gets as he has worked so hard to get back to full fitness.

Speaking to him at the pool tournament, he said he just wanted to be able to play football and seemed keen to stay where he was. Good enough for me!

I want some of the pills you're on mate :P

Surely it would still be Motherwell and therefore still worth looking forward to?

Surely it would still be Motherwell and therefore still worth looking forward to?

My thoughts exactly. Always look forward to the start of a new season, see what players we have to work with as well as the cup runs and trying to get into Europe. New set of away day outs as well! What's not to look forward to?

personally i cant wait for next season

all this speculation as to who will be playing in the coveted claret and amber just adds to the excitement of what next year will bring!!

a rollercoster? just another typical Motherwell season!