Referee Against Kilmarnock

SPLrefs.com

The referee for Saturday's game against Kilmarnock is Steven Nicholls. The full list of match officials can be found by clicking on this link.

Given that there are not stats for Nicholls, we thought you may like to see his profile on the SFA website.

You also have the opportunity to add comments below our articles so feel free to join in our discussions, we'd love to hear from you.

he's a good ref and if our guys play as smartly as they have recently then we won't have any worries anyway. i'm also sure the guy won't be wanting any accusations of bias in his first spl match so he'll be very fair.

im just waiting for a st mirren fan to use this thread for another cheats thread on P&B.

He's workshop service manager in Taggarts at Flemington, handy if he's working on Saturday morning :huh:

You may be getting him mixed up with his younger brother as he is also a top ref.

What level is Derek at now? Agree he was also good whenever I saw him.

Thought he did quite well considering its his first game. Two bookings were right and generally seemed keen to let it flow. Impressed. Though technically our free kick at the corner of the box for Skelton's foul on Clarkson should have been indirect but no major gripe.

I agree. Thought the referee did well to let the game flow, and I thought let a few fouls, on a normal day would have seen a booking go because he wanted to let it flow. Although, I guess it was not much of a test for him. He also realised unlike the old school that the game is not about him, but about the football...

Thought he did quite well considering its his first game. Two bookings were right and generally seemed keen to let it flow. Impressed. Though technically our free kick at the corner of the box for Skelton's foul on Clarkson should have been indirect but no major gripe.

Yeah, It was. Thats why a cross was wipped in.