Four Years Ago Today

MJC_MKI

I had 3 tickets on me that day as I'd arranged to get them for a couple of our Canadian exiles.

I got offered £500 for one and then got a shout from a guy in a car asking to buy my ticket. When I replied he couldn't afford it, he offered me his car plus what was in his pocket.

I replied that his rust bucket and the bru cheque still wasn't enough. He drove off with a right sulk. Wonder what he was like at the end of the day. :huh:

Can Tims read ??????

my cousins do :huh: but they have had to concede the fact that My kids and I are true 'Well fans as we are and I quote His words " Stupid enough to travel all the way from Edinburgh" and I can usually shut him up with " but not stupid enough to be bigoted!!!" :huh:

It was made all the more satisfiying because that Celtic team was probably the most easily despiseable team to play in this country in the last twenty odd years. They had some right odious individuals like Chris (We all knew Dunfermline would lie down to Rangers) Sutton, Alan Thompson, Neil Lennon and Martin (anyone who boos Lennon is a racist bigot) O'Neill. They were more than happy to intimidate and kick the opposition off the park, dive to win free kicks and penalties yet hell mend anyone else who did it back. I mean, how DARE Porto outdive them in the UEFA Cup Final and beat them!

I always loved the Setanta images just after McDonald's 2nd goal that day showing Martin O'Neill on the brink of tears with his head in his hands and Ian Crocker saying "Surely now the dye is cast for Celtic".

I was ballboying that game and can remember running on the park when we scored only to be met by the onrushing Ken Davies who tried to keep the peace! Can remember getting absolute dogs abuse aswell when I was up the South Stand end aswell.

Suffice to say the next day at school was a good one!

Motherwell: Marshall, Corrigan, Craigan, Kinniburgh, Fagan, Foran, Kerr, Fitzpatrick (Clarkson 88), Paterson, Scott McDonald, Hamilton (Britton 85). Subs Not Used: Corr, Higgins, Connolly, Keogh, Smith

Interesting that so many players who have been deemed not good enough by much of our support played that day. Kinniburgh, Fagan, Kerr and Fitzpatrick all declared not good enough by much of the support. Not tp mention Foran who polarised opinions...

I was stuck in the house as the missus was out, and I'd pretty much given up on the game - she appeared about 15 mins from half time, and after listening up to that point on the radio, I decided to get to FP from Falkirk asap and hammered over to get in for the last 30 mins.

Even at 1-0 down, the atmosphere could be cut with a knife, but to say it was an amazing 30 mins worth of football is a massive understatement -

Skippy Sunday will live long in the memory :)

MON RA DOSSERS