Message From Mfc

Gaag

Hi folks, just a wee message from Leeann Dempster below:

I just want to reiterate to everyone the importance of tomorrows game as regards our qualification for Europe via Fir Play. The note below is from our official website so please take a few minutes to read it.

Motherwell are battling with St Mirren for pole position in the Fair Play table which would give ‘Well a second successive venture in European football.

A part of the criteria used to measure a clubs’ commitment to the Fair Play ethos is that of crowd behaviour. We would again ask fans to keep up their fantastic backing we’ve seen post-split when Kilmarnock come calling this Saturday; giving us the best chance possible of qualifying for the first ever Europa League.

In addition, the club have been campaigning for years for fans to stay in the stands at the full-time whistle on the final home game of the season for years. Thankfully, in both 2006/07 and 2007/08 this has been the case and last year the players were able to return to the park to acknowledge your fabulous support throughout the campaign.

It is of the utmost importance that fans stay within the stand as any breech could seriously jeopardise the clubs’ Fair Play chances. This will allow the players to once again return to the field of play for the traditional end-of-season lap round the ground.

Everyone at Motherwell Football Club would like to thank you for your understanding and support thought-out this campaign and hopefully it’ll be a July return for 2009/2010

When i was speaking to her she was saying that it really is a close battle between us and St. Mirren for this final place, so let's not jeopardise it! Wee bit of self-policing from the fans tomorrow and hey presto, we might be in Europe!! :(

Did anyone notice that about three minutes into the Inverness CT game, literally hours after the club had appealed on the official site for good behaviour and "respect shown to the opposition" from the 'Well fans, there were songs and chants about Ross Tokely beating his wife?

Don't get me wrong, I love an amusing song about big Tokely being a wife beater myself - but fuck me, we don't half have some right idiots in our support.

Anyway, basically the message is thus - if ye see anyone heading down to the front of the East Stand in the last few minutes of the Killie game as though they're going to run onto the park, knock fuck out of them.

Hi folks, just a wee message from Leeann Dempster below:

When i was speaking to her she was saying that it really is a close battle between us and St. Mirren for this final place, so let's not jeopardise it! Wee bit of self-policing from the fans tomorrow and hey presto, we might be in Europe!! :(

Any excuse for us not to take to the pitch! Gone are the days of laughing at a gang of neds fighting over Benny Kembles socks!!

Are there any plans to publicise this plea in the press? I'd guess the majority of numpties who are likely to jump on the pitch aren't going to be reading this forum, but at least if it's printed in the Rancid or something, a helpful family member might point it out to them before the game :(

Think we're all getting a bitty heated over not much, there has been no invasion last couple of years and the interest level in the final game this year is lower than those. Anyone attempting an invasion will be in a real minority and look complete fools so unlikely it will happen.

When i was speaking to her she was saying that it really is a close battle between us and St. Mirren for this final place, so let's not jeopardise it! Wee bit of self-policing from the fans tomorrow and hey presto, we might be in Europe!! :D

You do realise the irony is that we'll be accussed of cheating if we do pip St Mirren to the Fair Play spot.