Now That Caley Are Down.

DEWELL

In today's press MM quoted as saying he'd be watching who bites the dust to see if we can plunder any of their players now that it's Caley Jags...Dougie Imrie and Ritchie Foran anyone?? By the way i like the look of our new keeper by feck can he kick a ball. I feel we need to sign four players for next season 1 centre half 2 midfielders and a striker. Foran and Imrie would cover 2 of those positions. I'd also like to see if we can flog Reynolds and give ourselves a wee transfer kitty do do some wheeling and dealing as we've got McLean and the boy Hutcinson. It;s going to be a really busy close season for MM. <_< .

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morais and O'Brien on alternate wings would give full backs a hard time, and would hopefully provide good service for Sutton, Clarkson and Sheridan if he's here.

I'd maybe take Foran back, I don't believe he's any worse than Sutton, maybe a bit better. Russell Duncan would also maybe be a decent squad player.

I always quite liked Foran, had the knack of arriving in the box at the right time, good in the air, and unafraid to have a dig. Now that Sheridan is away back to Celtic, he would be a decent shout IF McGhee can knock in some professionalism about him. Tha landlords at the Bullfrog and the Mega Bar, plus the social diseases clinic at Wishy General may disagree however.

Haven't seen that quote of McGhee's but if he was planning to pinch a player from whoever got relegated today, I guess he will be rather disappointed that Falkirk stayed up.

Don't really rate many ICT players but the likes of Arfield, McCann or Higdon would have been welcome at FP.

Morais would do well on the wing, and Pavels Mihadjuks id take in a heartbeat, theres your dominant centre half there! 6`2 and wins the majority of headers, plus not a bad player into the bargian. Imrie could be a decent player but is a total cock goblin

Haven't seen that quote of McGhee's but if he was planning to pinch a player from whoever got relegated today, I guess he will be rather disappointed that Falkirk stayed up.

Don't really rate many ICT players but the likes of Arfield, McCann or Higdon would have been welcome at FP.

Higdon? He's scored 2 goals since last November, nah, we already have a big lumbering striker that contributes nothing except putting it in the net and Sutton is better.

Even at this stage Arfield probably isn't within our purchasing power.

Apparently McCann did well this season but how many more seasons does he have in him at this level?

Maybe his season of being unwanted and cast to the frozen north might have knocked some motivation into Brian Kerr. I know the reaction this will get, but with the right fitness regime and man management, it might work. I maintain that one of the reasons kerr was so poor during Malpas' season was that we signed the ideal partner for him, then that player got injured. I would have liked to have seen what a Lasley Kerr partnership could have done.

Mihadjuks, I don't know enough about, but I suspect if we pick up the guy Beevers, then a defender will be off the shopping list.

Foran, though it won't happen, would be no worse than Sutton and an improvement on Sheridan for my money. What about the boy Rooney? 7 goals in 6 starts I was informed today...

Imrie and Morais impressed me when they came down and with the possibility of Hutchison pairing with Mclean and The possible addition of Lee Beevers then I think we could afford to sell young Mark Reynolds and the money from his sale plus the savings on the others leaving then we could get a wee pot going for transfers. :wallbash:

As much as he is a decent player ide hate to see Imrie sign. Ide have to suffer his face in my local pub in lanark once more :wallbash: . A few people celebrated when he fucked off to the highlands. Bell-end. He would be the first motherwell player I would have to dig extremely deep to cheer on.

Would take Imrie and Morais a minute! Don't think taking Foran back could be a move in the right direction? He's had his time at the club.

Anyhow....What about a wee punt on Mr Kerr!!! :rolleyes:

Cheerio Brian, Enjoy Division 1 ya bawbag!