Calderwood Leaves The Dons

'WellGall

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect to Leitchy, he in no way could be ready to take us forward and continue our recent improvement since the Malpas times. Would need to be experienced for sure as next year's SPL will be very tough. Maybe in the future at some point, but not now. We've suffered too much in the past with untried Managers who have proved nothing.

Last year when McGhee agreed to go to Hearts, Leitch had agreed to go with him. I would take from that , that should McGhee go, he will take Leitch with him.

If they are going to go, I hope they go quick and that we get replacements in quick, we can't afford to fuck about like last season, leaving it to late to get new players in or missing out on possible targets

Hey Ho!!!! Here we go again. If he and Leitchy go, they go. Won't lose a whole lot of sleep over it - its the same with managers as it is with players - we're a stepping stone to something better - if that means Aberdeen (and lets not kid ourselves that they aren't a much bigger club than we are, they are), then so be it.

I would take their ex-managerial team in the blink of an eye. Never out the top six and Europe in 3 of those years. Not bad going

Aberdeen don't have more money for players than us. Their squad will be worse than us for bareness.

Man are you totally delusional or what. Perhaps not in terms of transfer-fees, none of us have any budgets for that, but in financial terms I would imagine they are streets ahead of us in wage offers - the only thing that is likely to sway one or two players is the move further north.

Lets face it they are a bigger draw for McGhee and I'm quite sure he will see them as a much more attractive package than us, with the added possibility of perhaps offering a challenge to the Old Firm :lol:

With all due respect to Leitchy, he in no way could be ready to take us forward and continue our recent improvement since the Malpas times. Would need to be experienced for sure as next year's SPL will be very tough. Maybe in the future at some point, but not now. We've suffered too much in the past with untried Managers who have proved nothing.

For sames reasons you mention I wouldn't want to see Leitch given the job, but end of he day he might do a fantastic job. There is no magic formula it seems, with a year at County and two years as assistant to McGhee I think barring leaving the club to manage elsewhere and coming back what else is Leitch going to do to get more suitable experience?

If and when McGhee goes as he will sooner or later I hope we can find someone on the way up who wants to play attractive football and and give us a team worth watching, if it is Leitch I hope he has learned enough to be that man. I do fear however another Malpas situation if he gets the job.

This is all mental...Calderwood gone, McGhee linked, question marks over the fair play place, Strachan 'heading' for Sunderland, McGhee linked with Celtic

But aye, i'd take Aberdeen's ex-management team in a second

I STRONGLY doubt McGhee will go to Celtic. McGhee would LOVE that chance but he is not the big name the fans would want. Mowbray, Coyle (if Burnley go up) or even a return by O'Neill.....but not MM.

As for Aberdeen......I just can't see him going. Possibly being naive but I don't think it is a big enough jump up for him. Celtic/Rangers/Premiership side or a good healthy Championship side with prospects are his goal.

In saying that if I'm wrong and he does go with all repect I hope Leitchy doesn't step up. Neither would I want Lambert, Butcher, Calderwood, or Yogi Hughes (who I did want this time last year If our gaffer went to Hearts).

I wanted Coyle as the manager two years ago but we have no chance of that now obviously.

Who would we get? Sadly I don't know......but McGhee came out of the woodwork two years ago and that worked well.

Either way we would continue on.

Quote from McGhee in today's Daily Mail..

McGhee, currently awaiting confirmation on whether Motherwell have qualified for Europe via the Fair Play league, last night told the BBC that he had not been approached about the Pittodrie job and did not have ‘any indication that Aberdeen are interested in me’.

As someone once said, it's deja vu all over again...

I couldn't care less if he goes only that things get resolved quickly ,i firmly believe he wasn't fully focused on the motherwell job at the end of last season when at the last minute he chose us over hearts,as a club we suffered because of that and i sincerely hope it doesn't happen again.

IMO Boyle will stay within budget and simply promote Leitch.

ffs will we ever learn about appointing first time managers?

Scott Leitch, while obviously a good club man, is most definately not the man to take on the manager's job.

ffs will we ever learn about appointing first time managers?

Scott Leitch, while obviously a good club man, is most definately not the man to take on the manager's job.

Whether he's the right man or not, he's not a first time manager. He had a year at Ross County and now has had two years under a more experienced manager at Motherwell. Other than people who are going to provoke "Aw naw!!" (such as Bobby Williamson), who would we get that would be more experienced...?