The Next Three Games

AndyRoss

Just had a swatch of the table and couldn't believe how far we have fallen!

However the next three fixtures present a good chance to pick up some points - Accies (A) , Inverness (H) and St Mirren (A) , all teams we are very capable of beating.

A win on Saturday would be a massive confidence boost and let some remember what it is like to win a match.

Its going to be an interesting few weeks.

Mon the Well!

Its going to be an interesting few weeks.

I bore the people round about me by saying that I was told at uni the word interesting is synonymous for shite. On what I've seen in recent games Hamilton and St Mirren at least will have more fight than us and if that is the case we will lose. However I think we will improve and get something but I have many concerns about our team and its lack of depth, fight and ability. I can;t see anything other than us being one of five or six in a relegation dogfight.

However the next three fixtures present a good chance to pick up some points

It feels like we have been saying that for years doesnt it?! I remember when we had just come out of the old firm and were going on a 9 game winning streak back to 3rd....

I had hoped to post a similar topic before the Killie game about these four games being crucial but unfortunately didn't have time. Out of the possible twelve points I thought that realistically get between 4 and 9 points. Four would leave us in a whole lot of trouble and nine would give us a bit of breathing space but if I was to make a prediction it would have been 6 points with wins against Accies and ICT.

I had a bad feeling about last night and it wouldn't surprise me if we lost in Love Street's finale - it's a big occasion for them and it hasn't been a happy hunting ground for us in recent years.

I know we ran up 4 wins out of 5 earlier when we had a run against similar opposition but we're really not playing at all well just now. After last night's performance though, it wouldn't surprise me if we were to lose at Accies on Saturday. They'll see it as their big chance to get back in amongst the pack and we don't look like a team ready for a scrap, unlike Killie and St. Mirren who can dig in and play as a unit.

If we don't get the points in this run we'll be really up against it as we'll have tougher opposition afterwards.

So, what's it to be folks - how many points out of these crucial three games?

However the next three fixtures present a good chance to pick up some points - Accies (A) , Inverness (H) and St Mirren (A) , all teams we are very capable of beating.

I wish I shared your optimism, canny see us taking anything away to Accies, as for ICT at Fortress ? Fir Park maybe, they are just as pish as we are just now although they managed to beat Killy , St Mirren - been winning games recenly and Gus will have them fired up for a Love Street swansong so tough game expected there.

At risk of being melodramatic our season could hinge on how we do on saturday away to hamilton !

I wish I shared your optimism, canny see us taking anything away to accies, as for ICT at fortress fir park :lol: maybe, theyare just as pish as we are just now although they managed to beat killy , St Mirren - been winning games recenly and Gus will have them fired up for a love street swansong so tough game expected there.

At risk of being melodramatic our season could hinge on how we do on saturday away to hamilton !

I think if the players are to get the boot up the arse required we are certainly good enough to take points from all three of the games.

Our strikers need to find their shooting boots first mind you.

Before last night I had said we need a bare minimum of 8 points from the next 4 games. I honestly thought we would've got a draw at worst last night. However, my worst fears were confirmed....

We now need a bare minimum of 6 points from the next 3 games. Ideally 7 or 9. But anything less than 6 and we are well and truly fucked. Can anyone, based on what they've seen in recent weeks, see us getting anything? Even scoring a goal?

Even under Malpas we weren't this bad. We are in freefall and the writing has been on the wall for MONTHS!!!

Before last night I had said we need a bare minimum of 8 points from the next 4 games. I honestly thought we would've got a draw at worst last night. However, my worst fears were confirmed....

We now need a bare minimum of 6 points from the next 3 games. Ideally 7 or 9. But anything less than 6 and we are well and truly fucked. Can anyone, based on what they've seen in recent weeks, see us getting anything? Even scoring a goal?

Even under Malpas we weren't this bad. We are in freefall and the writing has been on the wall for MONTHS!!!

Not missed a game all season but to be honest never really seen a great improvment between matches. Said last night same performances week in week out. I wouldn't mind the performance last night to happen in one out of six or seven games but it's not it seems to be every week. The big problem is scoring first, the majority of games lost this season have been when the opposition have scored first (after us wasting really good chances) The confidence is lost now it's showing big time. We seem to play the ball narrow to feet just outside the opposing 18 yard box after finding no way through the ball goes back, which is fine if postion if you retain postion and find another way of opening them up, but the ball gets throwing forward 1. we lose the header and 2. lose the fight for the second ball.

The end of the day were all well fans and should support the team through good and bad performances!

Mon the well!

We have picked up 1 point out of last 18 !!! Based on last few weeks we couldn't buy a goal. Team have lost all confidence, we have resorted to the long punt and back to trying to walk the ball in. Nobody prepared to take a shot !!!!

if we are to make top 6 before split, we will need turn things around quicker than they can do on Come Dancing !!! :lol:

It is crunch time for us - 3 wins and we're in a fight for the top six, but 4 points or less and its a relegation fight.

Fingers out time Well!!