Realistic Expectation For Next Year And Our European Adventure!

rab_mackinnon

56 members have voted

1. 1. Where do we as a support believe we are in terms of our league

• challenging for 3rd spot
    • pushing for a top six place
    • lucky to be staying in the division
    • red hot relegation favourites

Been on the forum all day looking at all the various posts about mm.

So it's time for a time out with the squad that we have for next season what do we as a support realistically believe we should be next year regardless of management.

The fair play place has came as a nice surprise and has been completely marred with all this bile.

What kind of players do you think we will interest in bringing to fp based on our european place?

And how do we feel about boyle's overall directorship of the club, does he share the same vision as the support?

as always the floor is yours

would be glad of another top 6 finish, but would be just as happy if its 11th or above !!

budget for 11th and anything higher is a bonus in my book .

hopefully we have established our signing targets by now anyway, and whether M McGhee is here or not, I would hope that Leitchy could continue the signings (which McGhee would have ear marked) and we will have a decent squad in place for next season and our wee jaunt into Europe again !

onwards and upwards, and I for one hope that Mark McGhee is still in the hotseat this time next year !!

Bring The F**kers On !!!

What kind of players do you think we will interest in bringing to fp based on our european place?

I can't really see us attracting any higher calibre of player just because they might get to play in two or three qualifying rounds of the Europa League... they weren't exactly knocking down our door when we were straight into the first round proper last year.

Ach, I reckon we'll be 6th or 7th - basically another mid-table season.

We don't have the squad or resources to challenge teams like Hearts & Dundee Utd throughout the whole year, but we're still too good to end up with the mediocre First Division pish masquerading as SPL clubs such as St Mirren & Hamilton Accies.

So aye, I reckon mid-table - either top of the bottom six, or bottom of the top six, with possibly two quarter finals in both domestic cups, and knocked out in the 2nd or 3rd round of Europa League qualifying (depending on the luck of the draw).

And I'd say that would be a fairly decent season for us.

Everyone seems pretty positive. If we lose McGhee Smith Hughes and Klimpl then I think we are in really bad nick.

The reason I don't see us being in the shit if that happens though is we can still put out a half decent side. I'm not for once suggesting having Fraser, Murphy & Lasley in there instead of Smith, Hughes & Klimpl makes us a better side - in fact, it does make us a weaker side.

However, I still don't believe it makes us as weak as teams like St. Mirren & Hamilton Accies. The Buddies will lose Dorman this summer, and the Accies look set to lose McCarthy, McArthur & Easton - and that leaves them with utter dross, and much worse than our side.

We are not in as bad a position as that, IMO.

Depends on who we get in, but more important how we start. I don't think we can match Hearts over the course of the season, but Aberdeen, Hibernian and well United will choke if we chase them down. If we can stay injury free then all the better, as I believe our First XI (if we replace Hughes :notworthy: ) is just as good as anyone elses.

As for Europe, we should look to at least the Third Qualifying Round. Anything less I would be bitterly disappointed - no angry with. Getting past the Third Qualifying Round, with clubs like Roma, Fulham and Bilbao to name just a few (although if we're seeded then I may even be disappointed not making the Play-Off Round) may be a bit of a tall order.

We have a great chance in the cups, but I say that every year. 1/4 Finals minimum please, depending on draw.

So a breakdown

SPL - 4th-7th

Scottish Cup - 1/4 Finals to Winners - Depending on draw and if we remember we're an SPL Club

League Cup - 1/4 Finals to Winners - Depending on draw and if we remember we're an SPL Club

UEFA Europa League - Third Qualifying Round - Play-Off Round if we're seeded in Third.