Europa League

J4MRU

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys

Just thought i would add my input to our possible opponents. The first column is the distance from Motherwell as the crow flies. The second is the stadium capacity of the club and the third is whether the club is currently in their close season.

Renova Dzepciste Mac 1467 15000 Yes

Inter Baku Azb 2625 10000 Yes

Simurq Zaqatala Azb 2443 4000 Yes

Trans Narva Est 1205 3000 No

Kalju Nomme Est 1085 500 No

Vllaznia Shkodër Alb 1416 20300 Yes

Dinamo Tirana Alb 1466 13900 Yes

Irtysh Pavlodar Kaz 3107 15000 Yes

Okzhetpes Kokshetau Kaz 2809 10000 Yes

Mika Ashtarak Arm 2429 7000 No

Banants Yerevan Arm 2429 6000 No

Llanelli FC Wal 284 3700 Yes

The New Saints Wal 206 2000 Yes

Linfield Belfast Nir 112 18000 Yes

Lisburn Distillery Nir 112 8000 Yes

B36 Torshavn Far 442 5000 No

NSI Runavik Far 449 2000 No

CS Grevenmacher Lux 607 4000 Yes

UN Käerjeng Lux 597 1000 Yes

Buducnost Podgorica Mon 1387 17000 Yes

Sutjeska Niksic Mon 1360 10800 Yes

Valletta FC Mlt 1628 17800 Yes

Birkirkara Mlt 1628 12500 Yes

Obviously Wales N Ireland and the Faroes would be best but would also accept Malta Grevenmacher and Narva.

Awesome. Quite fancy the Malta ones. Package holiday wi Thomas Cook for half of Lanarkshire to the sun - and both big capacities too.

I reckon Wales is the favoured choice tho, for cost etc.. and there is two chances of it. Although, small grounds by the looks of it, could be more 'scrambles! :O

After that, in Order I would fancy

NI x 2

Luxembourg x 2

Faroes x 2

Albania wouldn't be the worst either x 2

I suppose you could deal with Estonia aswell x 2 (except the team with 500 capacity ground :O )

That leaves half the draw though that is completely chronic!!

Kazachstan, Macedonia, Montenegro, Azerbaijan and Armenia all third world holes all miles away and many, many £££ away - like a grand a flight away - forget it!!!!

And two chances of getting each :(

Still half the draw to hope for!! :thumbup:

Awesome. Quite fancy the Malta ones. Package holiday wi Thomas Cook for half of Lanarkshire to the sun - and both big capacities too.

Cant see A- there being enough package holiday slots left at such short notice to cope with any Nancyesque demand, and B - can't see there being anywhere near the sort of demand for the pishy first round as there was for Nancy.

Saying that, I hold my hands up and say I didn't expect to be standing in the square in Nancy with anywhere near as many 'well fans.

My pick of the teams would be (so we can get to and pump the shite first before the good teams)

1st round - New Saints (Wales)

2nd round - Derry City

3rd round - Roma (how quality would that be, although their ultras would research us on the internet, be excited thinking they would get a good fight and then find out our self styled ultras are 14 year olds.

4th round - Hertha Berlin.

Not a chance in hell we could beat Roma or Hertha, but both would be cracking trips.

I hope the Dons avoid Roma, not only because they would hump us but there is guarenteed to be a few stabbings, same with Turkey.

You boys not fancy a nice wee jaunt to some where further a field? I dont fancy Ireland or Wales. Saying that i would take that if we were to get to the group stages. Aberdeen's trip to Dnipropetrovsk was loved by all who went. Good fun trying to get there!

Theres no way i'd go to macedonia because of the heat. I'd prefer a welsh or irish team really.

What are the chances of the away leg being on tv if its against one of these shite mobs?

I reckon Wales is the favoured choice tho, for cost etc.. and there is two chances of it. Although, small grounds by the looks of it, could be more 'scrambles! :lol:

After that, in Order I would fancy

NI x 2

Luxembourg x 2

Faroes x 2

Albania wouldn't be the worst either x 2

I suppose you could deal with Estonia aswell x 2 (except the team with 500 capacity ground :O )

That leaves half the draw though that is completely chronic!!

Kazachstan, Macedonia, Montenegro, Azerbaijan and Armenia all third world holes all miles away and many, many £££ away - like a grand a flight away - forget it!!!!

And two chances of getting each :(

Still half the draw to hope for!! :thumbup:

I'd have Albania much lower down that list and no way is Montenegro a third world hole.

Someone mentioned the weather, although we should beat any of these teams comfortably, a game in Eastern Europe in July would be a serious challenge. Just mind Celtic a few years ago.

Better hope for Wales or NI

apparently there hasn't been any deal signed to show europa league matches in the UK (yet). No doubt someone will pick it up, but whether it won't be until the later qualifying rounds... who knows

EDIT: Source - MFC Newsletter :thumbup:

Setanta have bought a Europa League package for next season. Don't know how secure that is going to be due to Setanta's financial crisis.

But, they are due to show a helluva lot of Europa League games if there is still a TV Channel to watch it on.

apparently there hasn't been any deal signed to show europa league matches in the UK (yet). No doubt someone will pick it up, but whether it won't be until the later qualifying rounds... who knows

EDIT: Source - MFC Newsletter :thumbup:

Setanta have been running their Europa League advert for the last fw days now, flashing all the British teams involved including the 'well!