Stephen Craigan's Testimonial.

Finlay

Unless I'm mistaken there hasn't been any further mention of Crag's testimonial since the night at the Mega Bar when it was announced. I thought it might be a preseason affair but with the early start due to the European campaign and the Wigan fixture being announced as the only home friendly, I doubt it will happen before Aug 15th.

Anyone heard different/something I might have missed?

I wouldn't worry too much about it, testimonials can take a right good while to organise.

For example to ensure the player gets the best possible return the club itself can take virtually no part in the setting up of a testimonial otherwise it has tax implications, so there will be a committee dealing with things in the background.

Then there's the opposition to consider. If you go for a big team from England you are likely going to incur a wedge in expenses to tempt them to travel up. You will be competing with teams who also quite fancy having a game against an Everton, Aston Villa or a Newcastle.

You'll also have to weigh up when the best date for a game is. Remember your big English teams might not want to commit because a tour of Asia is far more lucrative than a gesture of goodwill run in Lanarkshire. Some of them will have European qualifiers in pre-season too.

Do you go for a pre-season date knowing that many folk could be on holiday and they can be notoriously poorly attended? Do you go for an end of season date and risk the season being shite and folk being hacked off and not fussed about going?

Its as far a way from a case of picking up the phone to a team and saying "You fancy......." as you could possibly imagine.

And that's just a couple of examples of sorting a game. What if there's the obligatory golf day, dinner and race night to organise as well!!

Guest 'Flow

No team has, as yet, been confirmed for Stephen's games - We're waiting on the SPL and EPL fixtures to come out before we get yes / no's from teams!

'Flow

Guest 'Flow

Partick were informally sounded out - not as a confirm, just as one of many at the moment...

There are quite a few decent irons in the fire at the moment. As I said, just waiting for the fixtures to be announced...

News on the Golf Day will be forthcoming very soon as well as regular updates from the soon to be complete:

http://www.stephencraigan.com/

'Flow

From that photo, can you ask if he waxes or shaves his chebs? :lol:

Top bloke big Craggs... He's even been known to drop intae folks 40th birthday parties! Yet another good reason to book yer functions at Fir Park. :lol:

All the very best to him in the coming season.

I think the added bonus with it being Partick for us would be the opportunity, as a side note, to say a deserved cheerio to Kaiser for his service to the club. I feel he didn't really get the chance to get a proper send-off from us so that would be ideal.

• 1 year later...