John Boyle 100%up

the fox

Just read official statement on the club site when the chairmen lets rip at Scottish media and in my view he has went up in my estimation one hundred fold.Unfortunately the majority of us outside the corridors of power at Fir Park do not "know " what is going on and unless and until we know exactly what is fact we have no choice but to go with what these buffoons write.

Can't wait to hear Keevins poor excuse of an explanation for his article.

He said nothing about it this morning on Clyde and I wouldn't expect him to - it's more his style to take a huff and not mention anything to do with us at all.

But then I'd prefer it he didn't say anything about us and left the reporting to real journalists, rather than sensationalist hacks who spout every rumour going about so when one comes to pass they can claim they said it first (if there are any real journalists left).

It's a sad day when reporters want to become minor celebrities in their own right and then have to live up to the charicature that they have become, rather than just quietly getting on with ferreting out a good story and reporting the facts.

Sorry, I'll climb off my soapbox now...

Guest 'Flow

Today's Daily Record (10th June 2009) contains the following retraction (Page 50):

"In our edition yesterday, we reported that Motherwell had made a formal approach to Ian McCall's agent in relation to the manager's post. We now accept that this was inaccurate and are happy to set the record straight."

Excellent stuff. Although I'd much rather see a personal apology from Hugh Keevins, rather than the tea boy writing a retraction on behalf of the paper. I also believe that there should be a rule that a retraction should have to be the exact same size as the original story in terms of actual inches on the paper, so even if they made a two-page spread out of it, the two setences used to retract it should be in massive print to take up the same space. That would make arseholes like Keevins think twice before putting fabrications into print, and it would make sure retractions are never missed by the reader, protecting the reputations of the innocent parties.

Unfortunately, such thing's never happen unless it goes all the way to the PCC and that would be highly unlikely and even then, all that is required that the story is given "due prominence".

Only time something like that has ever really happened was the front page apology to the McCanns.

I know you're right, Neil, but I'm in a bad mood today and it's pish that pure lies merits such a meagre retraction. It's also pish that the newspaper issues a retraction, and not the individual journalist. He was happy enough to put his name on the 'exclusive' so his name should be beside the retraction. He deserves, at the very least, to be undermined as a credible journalist. The fucking gimp that he is.

Today's Daily Record (10th June 2009) contains the following retraction (Page 50):

"In our edition yesterday, we reported that Motherwell had made a formal approach to Ian McCall's agent in relation to the manager's post. We now accept that this was inaccurate and are happy to set the record straight."

Was looking for something like that in the Record today. No wonder I couldn't see it!

I know you're right, Neil, but I'm in a bad mood today and it's pish that pure lies merits such a meagre retraction. It's also pish that the newspaper issues a retraction, and not the individual journalist. He was happy enough to put his name on the 'exclusive' so his name should be beside the retraction. He deserves, at the very least, to be undermined as a credible journalist. The fucking gimp that he is.

100% right. That wee snivelling nasally prick should apologise. He's had it tight for Motherwell for years. If I ever saw him in the street I won't be responsible for my actions!

Can/could he not be banned from Fir Park? What purpose does he serve?

;):D

Suggest you log into the Record website and register and then ask for a retraction from Keevins.

I know it ain't going to happen but a few of us are already there and it won't look good to the Record if all the comments on their own site are about the nasally challenged dwarf concocting stories to get himself a headline.

See that the Record is now reporting that McCall has signed a new 3 year deal with Partick.

All I'll say is thank god for that and get it up ye Keevins with your exclusives.

So putting 2 and 2 together, McCall is in negotiations with Partick. During the negotiations his agent leaks a story to the press (via Keevins) that he is being headhunted by an SPL team. Partick gives him an improved offer.

Result.

can we ban the knobend from fir park? he seems to cover half our home games from the record, probably because he lives nearby. if it was up to me i'd have banned everyone from trinity media group from fir park for all time after the goram affair, how we could let a company shaft us like that then continue to give them access, comps and hospitality is unbeliavble to me.

keevins wrote the single wrote match report i've ever read after the 'well-hearts cup semi a few years ago. it was clearly a classic match but he made it sound as if it was torture to watch. in the sun bill leckie (who i'm not always the biggest fan of) wrote a great match report and summed up one of the best semi's ever perfectly. i ended up emailing to say thanks for it and mentioned the shite keevins had wrote, leckie ended up sending me a reply which basically conisisted of several parargraphs slaughtering keevins.

i've also just recalled being told by a well known motherwell fitba writer that at martin o'neil and john robertson's last ever press conference at celtic park all the other journos were wishing them well and it was quite chilled out. keevins however demanded to know about their use of subs on helicopter sunday, robertson replied by telling him something along the lines that he'd been waiting five years to tell keevins he was an arsehole and told him to fuck off out the press conference!

my only other information about hugh keevins is that him and andy ross used to go for romantic drives.