Whats The Chances ?

deljohnstone

he didn't build the squad back up and by the sounds of it didn't secure contracts for our assets

Our assets didn't sign the contracts offered. That's up to them, not him. If they wanted more money then it is up to Boyle to open his pockets - he's the money man, not McGhee. Anyway, a fresh slate for the new boss sounds fine to me - it means less deadwood for him to have to clear.

Our assets didn't sign the contracts offered. That's up to them, not him. If they wanted more money then it is up to Boyle to open his pockets - he's the money man, not McGhee. Anyway, a fresh slate for the new boss sounds fine to me - it means less deadwood for him to have to clear.

But you miss my point? we can't as a club quite simply clearout every two or three years and re-build, WE don't have the income to do that.

and as such the manager has to be aware that the core squad has to be built/maintained from within.

I'm not saying its all his responsibility I'm saying we're not better off as a club from his time here....

The last two years have been good by and large, but in my view the squad McGhee had left us with is weaker than the one he inherited, and that aint good considering how little time we have this pre-season.

As for his whoring in the press, that's Aberdeen problem now!

I am/was a big McGhee fan. I reckon he did an extremely good job with us and for that I thank him - but that I am afraid is where it ENDS.

Even when he was with us I thought he showed a lot of disprespect to other teams. He has an ego the size of Mount Everest. He may throw some nice platitudes our way, but so far all I have read is that he HAD to leave Motherwell as it was getting more difficult to replicate the first seasons form. NO SHIT SHERLOCK! Tell us something we don't know. Or you can just remind Motherwell fans that we are in fact a wee diddy club with no resources and little hope for the future.

What message does that send out to the current Motherwell squad :lol:

He has no humility and is as arrogant as they come. I had to laugh when I heard him say he would not talk about Celtic.........when guess what he WAS talking about Celtic.

I don't wish him luck at all. I hope he falls flat on his rotund arse.

Just reading an interesting article on the Aberdeen Official site. Apparently they have a bank debt of £6.5 million. Another site has them owing another £3 million in loans to Stewart Milne and one of their sponsors which takes the total debt to over £9 million. Apparently they pay £655,000 year to service these debts.

In addition they are projecting a loss of £622k this year.

The money they made in the European run is being spread over three years.

I would also have thought the cost of getting rid of Tango Man, Jimmy Nicholl and Sandy Clark added to the compensation they paid us will take away from the player budget although Willie Miller is claiming the payoffs due to the three they got rid is covered.

I'm no financial wizard but there there may be trouble ahead for the Sheepies

This is the link http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/c...1447582,00.html

It's part of a managers remit to leave the team in a better state than he found it. McGhee most certainly has not done that. A fact that has been completely glossed over by his friends in the media.

:lol: You couldn't make it up...

As has been mentioned before, the only way he could leave them in a worse state than before he took over, is by torching the main stand! What is for us wont pass us by!