Mm/sl Gone, Time To Move On.

Megastar

I think we have had enough talk about MMcG & SL leavin for Aberdeen on these websites. Looking forward now to next week when we can all start talking about the new management team and who they could bring to the club.

Roll on next week.

Scottish, English or even outside the UK

No chance should we go for English as there are not that many good English managers about - have any ever won the English Premier League?

Best managers in the PL & Championship are Scottish (McLeish excluded)

I think it is a good time to appoint a young Scottish manager and hope that in a few years time people are touting him for better and bigger things.

Is that person

McCart, Craigan or even Pressely?

Feels right to give someone a start in management.

Glad I don't have to make this difficult decision as there are so many if's and but's.

Well, it won't be Craigan with him being Northern Irish and all. Don't think Mccart is cut out for it and wouldn't reckon we'd get Pressley. He and Eddie May are practically shoe-ins at Falkirk I think. That leaves the usual suspects in the Scottish managerial merr-go-round which, for me, is a no thank you. I think we would either have to go English league up-and-comer, continental guy looking for a crack in the UK or somebody completely new and untested - a la what we did with McLeish ( :lol::lol: ). Honestly, the fella Gannon (possibly too good for us?) and Nijholt are the names that intrigue most (from the names we know about). Craigie Broon, I could see coming in with a younger assistant (Derek Adams?). Not that Broon would enthrall me to much but I could imagine it happening if he was still interested in managing. And, for what it's worth, I voted A.N Other in the poll.

Doesn't matter who gets it though - at 9am on a Saturday I know what I'll be doing. Tuning in on the Beeb webcast and supporting whover we end up with.