I Come In Peace !

FKASB

the difference is hibs are in a far better negotiating position than we are in now (and a million times better than we were in 2003).

and faddy wanted to leave. when the transfer window was almost shut he went in to see butcher and told him he wanted to move asap.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As most people know, I dont really rate him, but I have to admit he scored his goals this season, however I am sure that any other striker in the same position would have scored the same amount of goals. Problem is/will be that we dont have any other strikers who can play Clarksons role.

So, surely if we sell him we can get a replacement no bother?

Aye but Faddy was/is special.. 1.25mill will never be justified in my opinion!

The reason Hibs are in a far better position is because look at the players they brought through and hung onto and became good.. then sold them all on for profitable amounts which has them in the situation they are now! Why cant we do this!!?

Exactly; we got mugged right there. What we need to bear in mind is that we are not just selling what the player has done in the past but also his potential which, surely, is more valuable?
The potential should be priced in with sell-on clauses, appearance clauses, international clauses etc. And, to be brutally honest, as good as player as he is, Faddy has struggled to hold down a first team place since his move south.

The potential should be priced in with sell-on clauses, appearance clauses, international clauses etc. And, to be brutally honest, as good as player as he is, Faddy has struggled to hold down a first team place since his move south.

the only positive thing you can say about faddy's club career is that he's made a fortune out the game. he's got another chance to prove himself in the premiership this season but everytime i saw him playing in the championship last season he was distinctly average.

i honestly believe if he'd stayed with us, scored 20-30 goals in the spl then went down south as an established goal scorer/ central striker he'd have fared a lot better.

Exactly; we got mugged right there. What we need to bear in mind is that we are not just selling what the player has done in the past but also his potential which, surely, is more valuable?

Thats the thing if Clarkson goes then the potential has to be rewarded back to Motherwell financially, clauses etc. Correct me if im wrong but all we got from Everton was a sell on percentage.

But yeah ur also right weeyin he has done nothing, big fish in a small pond to a small fish in a big pond scenario plus lots of injuries.. McCormack has been a great bench mark for anyone going down south from here!

But yeah ur also right weeyin he has done nothing, big fish in a small pond to a small fish in a big pond scenario plus lots of injuries.. McCormack has been a great bench mark for anyone going down south from here!

That has been McFadden's only problem down south. Every time at Everton where he broke into the First Team, got on with it, scoring some cracking goals (the header against Chelsea.. before that, didn't even know he could use his head) he has suffered an injury which has set him back. Saying that, he has still scored, in his relative poor 100+ showings for Everton one of the best goals I have ever seen in the Premiership against Charlton.

Saying that, he has still scored, in his relative poor 100+ showings for Everton one of the best goals I have ever seen in the Premiership against Charlton.

The dink over the boot then volley? Genius!

Maybe this year he will shine in the Premiership as he is playing for the underdog and that is where he has shined previously with us and Scotland. Hopefully see McCormack there next year but I couldnt pcture Clarkson impressing in the Premiership, for the now anyways.. We forget how young he is!

There is no doubt that on his day McFadden is a genius. It took him a long time to establish even a semi-regular place at Everton, though, because Moyes reckoned he needed to contribute more to the team. It wasn't just the injuries that held him back.

Not at the Brum he hasn't. And to quote a Brum forum member...

"McFadden - Probably one of, if not the only one who is truly Premiership Quality in our side."

well if someone said it on a forum...... :nod:

everytime i saw birmingham last season they were gash. the times i saw faddy playing he didn't stand out as being a cut above in the same way ebanks-blake, joe ledley or even rossco did. only scoring 4 goals in the championship says it all. noel hunt and jason scotland are banging them in that league.

a wee check on soccerbase shows that in the six seasons since he left the ark he's started 85 league games. birmingham have just signed a 6 million quid ecoudarian who seems like a similar type of player, our james could be looking at another season of sitting on the bench.

everytime i saw birmingham last season they were gash. the times i saw faddy playing he didn't stand out as being a cut above in the same way ebanks-blake, joe ledley or even rossco did. only scoring 4 goals in the championship says it all. noel hunt and jason scotland are banging them in that league.

Why are you comparing Faddy to Strikers?

joe ledley isn't a striker. ross gets stuck out on the wing as well. i only mentioned scotland and hunt because they were better than average spl players who had better seasons in that league than faddy.

he's never a midfielder he just get stuck out there because he doesn't have the athelticism to play up front in england. he's got the same problems jamie murphy has at the moment only jamie is 19 and faddy is 26. since scott mcdonald left he's scored more goals, won more medals and played in more european games than faddy has in his entire career. he's a motherwell legend and a scotland legend but in english football he's done nothing. if he doesn't succeed in the premiership this season he should try and get a move to one of the OF just for the opportunity to show what he can do.

The transfer market was in a completely different state when we sold McFadden and most supporters accepted we had to sell him for that amount. Some wanted us to hold out for £1.5m so that shows the difference between then and now.

since scott mcdonald left he's scored more goals, won more medals and played in more european games than faddy has in his entire career.

But Faddy's played more Premiership games than McDonald so where does that take us. Can't compare him to that wee whore playing in a diddy league with his club so far ahead of most of the opposition. I could score goals for Shellic I'm quite sure, disnae mean I'm a good player.

But Faddy's played more Premiership games than McDonald so where does that take us. Can't compare him to that wee whore playing in a diddy league with his club so far ahead of most of the opposition. I could score goals for Shellic I'm quite sure, disnae mean I'm a good player.

That's a fair point matt - moving from another SPL club to one of the OF is the equivalent of going fishing at a trout farm - i.e. you canny miss.

McDonald was great for us - I'll give him that. However McFadden is one of the best players ever to grace the FP turf.

There's no comparison in ability.