Jim Gannon

decorator

Moving O'Brien to right back could be genius. Espescially with his delivery.

Reynolds in midfield IMO, the reason we dominated the first half last night.

O'Brien is good at getting forward from right back but we would have to hope he would never need to defend. I think if Steaua had done their research on him they would really have had a go - you can be assured SPL teams would.

I see others weren't impressed but I thought Reynolds did very well as a holding midfielder last night. It was good to see a bit of height and pace in midfield and he cut out a lot of balls before they got to the defence. He maybe isn't commanding enough in the air to cut it as a centre-half against some of the bigger teams but he has enough for that position.

McGhee was crying out for something like that and he tried Malcolm before getting Klimpl but he would never have tried Reynolds because he wouldn't have taken a chance on one of the young lads at centre half (or didn't rate them). On the few occassions McLean was fit and able to play he was either used in event of one of the others being unavailable or was somehow shoe-horned in to get a bit of height in the side.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the more i see and hear about jim gannon, the more excitded i get.

the way he speaks about 'his' team and his passoin and determination to do well it a real eye oppener.

he is a genuinly nice guy to talk to and is very approchable and will talk to anyone.

he was in attendance at the sponsers night last night and was speakin to almost everyone.

me and my dad were talkin to him outside and he even offered us a run home :) !!!

really looking forward to the things that lie ahead in the leadership of jim gannon :O

This is my worry too. I love the guys commitment and enthusiasm, a total contrast from Malpas who stood with his arms folded looking as though he was not interested. However given the diabolical standard of referees in the SPL I can see them reacting badly to Jims frustration at their poor decision making we see most weeks. The ref on Thursday night was the Spanish version of Iain Brines! I hope he calms down a little because we need Jim in the dugout and not in the stand.