Maroš Klimpl

garethgardner

I don't know why some of you find it annoying.

I think it will be hilarious if McGhee misses out on him and Hughes.

With regards Klimpl, he is a decent player, a destroyer in the middle of the park. Was out injured for his 1st 4 months or so before playing. He started off in defence where he was woeful and quickly moved to midfield, where he received 'cult hero' status in some quarters for his no nonsense attitude. As well as kicking anything and everything he is actually quite comfortable with the ball at his feet, his form did tail off however.

Good guy to have in your team but I think the likes of Cardiff can do so much better.

I don't know why some of you find it annoying.

I think it will be hilarious if McGhee misses out on him and Hughes.

You got the impression when McGhee got the Aberdeen job that he was very confident of getting Hughes. Maybe the players did not think as highly of McGhee as he obviously thinks they did. I know there are other factors but I think if Hughes really wanted to play under McGhee he would have gone to the Dons.

On Klimpl, I thought he was hugely overrated. He had a positive impact in our team because the team was a bit lightweight and he was not scared to put a foot in, but he looked like a potential train wreck most of the time. He (along with Quinn) almost single handedly seemed to be trying their best to prevent our qualification for the Fair Play Euro place.

If you have decent creative players around him (like Stephen Hughes) then there is a place for him to break up attacks but if you are looking for a creative player look elsewhere. He did not look like a defender to me either.

Anybody else feel that it seems a long time ago since McGhee left?

http://www.clubcall.com/aberdeen/midfielde...net-917218.html

Typing error mate. Heres another link. I see Klimpl as good back up to Gavin Rae or Riccy Scimeca for us. We could do with a tough guy in the middle. Looks like he makes to many bad tackles for a center back. To many free kicks in the championship around the area will be heavily punished in this league