Llanelli Afc Fan Zone

nigelrich

Hi to everyone in Motherwell FC.

We are all looking forward to both our visit to Scotland this week and your return down to us the following Thursday.

Just to let you know how our Fan Zone is coming along!!

We have got both the Local Paper and Radio station involved and it seems that our local Police are OK with your planned " March" from our ground down to the Scarlets Stadium (20 mins max walk!!)

We will be having a Penalty Shoot Out and Cross Bar Challenge competition plus a game of 5 aside between both sets of fans if you want!

We will have plenty of Football Vidoes on our big screen and the customenary lots of Lager,Beer,Guinness and Strongbow. There will be plenty of draft and cans available!

We will also have plenty of food available from Chips,Burgers,Pies,Pasties,Rolls,Crisps etc

Also plenty of Music and there will be buses on hand to go to the stadium for those who don't fancy the walk??

You can also visit our " Jock Stein Suite" for photos. The big man played for Llanelli in the early 1950's before being transferred to Celtic!!

If you have any more ideas on things that you would like to see in the FAN ZONE (within reason!!) please e mail me on nigel@llanelliafc.org.

See you all on Thursday.

Nigel Richards

General Manager

Llanelli AFC

Hi Nigel, thanks for the warm welcome. Cant wait to head down to Wales to sample another stadium and the local hospitality.

All your efforts into making this an enjoyable experience are most appreciated, and I really do hope that you are rewarded financially for this. Its not often you see football clubs go the extra mile for the fans

Its been great reading your own forum and all your guys seem spot on. Hope you have an enjoyable time on Thurs, but go down the road defeated!!!

Thanks Stu. It doesn't matter what you are doing up in Scotland.We are hell bent on giving you all a great " South Walian Welcome" This will be the biggest day in our recent history. I can go back to 1972 when we had 6500 for a Welsh Cup tie with Cardiff City but this is Europe and a different ball game!! The Fan Zone and club will be open from 10am on both the Wed and Thurs.

If you have any more ideas on things that you would like to see in the FAN ZONE (within reason!!) please e mail me on nigel@llanelliafc.org.

See you all on Thursday.

Nigel Richards

General Manager

Llanelli AFC

Just a suggestion, but if you got some scarfs or T-Shirts made up with the two club badges on them, date of game etc.. I know for a fact loads of fans would buy them and you could make a good few bob or two for your club. I'm sure these could be knocked up in a week or so!! A stall selling this sort of thing plus pin badges etc.. would do you no harm!!

Reading this thread makes me really disappointed that I won't be able to make the trip to Llanelli next week - shame it couldn't have been at the weekend.

The Nancy trip is THE highlight of my time following Motherwell and it's great to see the guys down in Llanelli pulling out all the stops to make our fans welcome.

Hope you all have a great time down there and many, many thanks to Nigel and his team for being so welcoming. Terrific attitude !

Stuart.

See you all on Thursday.

Nigel Richards

General Manager

Llanelli AFC

will there be a "beer garden" if the weather stays the same ?

We can certainly do that!!!

Excellent!!! :D

If you get the cost right (although obviously keeping a nice margin for LAFC) it could be the kind of thing that EVERYONE would end up wanting one of. I reckon people would be more than happy to part with a tenner for a T-Shirt or Scarf. Even pricing in a bit below that, perhaps £8 and it would be a price people would pay without thinking about it for a cracking wee souvenier!!

(Although obviously I get a T-Shirt free as it is my idea :lol: !

:D

Also, the weather is looking to be brilliant so make sure there is PLENTY provision for a beer garden. (The pitch? :D)

will there be a "beer garden" if the weather stays the same ?

and naked dancing ladies serving cold beers and rubbing sun cream on exposed pale scottish legs?

Seriously though, effin fantastic the effort you are makin for the fans headin to Wales and we all appreciate it.

Cheers :lol:

What an awesome effort and magnificent gesture being made. <_<

Hats off to everyone concerned, with me even more sick now that my wee shyte of a teuchter boss fae Buckie won't give me the time off work to make the trip down. :lol:

Reckon this could surpass Nancy, Dortmund, Katowice and Ashington all rolled into one :D

Hope to see plenty online footage folks.

Drinking in the fan zone allowed????
We will have plenty of Football Vidoes on our big screen and the customenary lots of Lager,Beer,Guinness and Strongbow. There will be plenty of draft and cans available!

Just a wee word on the Llanelli fans. Me and a couple of other 'Well fans (young guys, I didn't get their names) were on the 22.38 back to Glasgow with a few of their fans, and they were top blokes! They were full of chat and were just genuinely nice guys. One of them had £10 on Llanelli to win 1-0 with their centre half to score at 80/1 and another boy had £40 on Llanelli to win at 11/1 or something. All in all they must've taken about £1400 off of Laddies last night!