Strikeforce For Thursday?

dazamfc

Will Quinn even be considered, I thought not?

If there is no firm cash bid in for him he should play in my opinion but I don't know whats going on behind the scenes.

Ya Bezzer's right , unless I missed something we have had no official approach for Quinn

http://orange.football365.com/Story/0,1716...5406198,00.html

Peter Ridsdale has confirmed Cardiff have had an offer accepted for an unnamed centre-back.

The Bluebirds have upped their search for a new defensive lynchpin after losing Roger Johnson and Darren Purse to Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday respectively.

Ridsdale also pointed to the club's interest in Motherwell defender Paul Quinn, with some sources claiming the Scottish Premier League club have already accepted a £300,000 bid for the right-back.

"Our priority right now is a centre-half and we have had an offer accepted," the Cardiff chairman told the South Wales Echo.

"We will be talking to the player today. There has been discussion about Paul Quinn, but our first job is to bring in a central defender."

To me that doesn't say Coach is going to Cardiff I rate him but he's hardly a defensive lynchpin

I'd go with a 4-4-1-1

..............................Fraser...............................

Quinn......Reynolds..............Craigan.....Hammell

Murphy....Lasley..................Fitzpatrick..O'Brien..

....|...........................................................|.....

....|.......................McGarry.........................|.....

....|...........................................................|.....

....v........................Sutton..........................v.....

This......except Saunders for Quinn. Why play a guy, even if he IS first choice, who will be gone next week? IF we get a two goal lead at any point (and depending on how much time has went) I'd bring on Hutchison for Reynolds and McHugh for Sutton. A risk but few chances to do anything like that.

This......except Saunders for Quinn. Why play a guy, even if he IS first choice, who will be gone next week?

My answer to that would be this is a knock out competition and you have to put out the strongest possible line up you can.

We are undoubtedly weaker in that position if Quinn doesn't play.

If we can put the tie to bed in the first leg then perhaps younger players can be experimented with but I don't think its going to be quite that easy.

----------------Fraser----------------

Quinn----Craigan------Reynolds----Hammell

---------Lasley--------Fitzpatrick----------

Smith----------Murphy----------O'Brien

------------Sutton------------------

job done :rolleyes:

I like that. Even if Quinn does not play this would be a strong set up and we should win.

I believe at Stockport he like players running down the flanks with ONE striker. Like a 4-4-1-1 formation

It's hard to pin down to an exact formation, but it was more 4-2-3-1 when County were at our best, pretty similar to WellAyrshire's suggestion. A central midfield trio with one playing a more attacking role than the others; sometimes it'd be the opposite and we'd have Michael Raynes playing between the midfield and defence. And wingers slightly ahead of midfield (like the old fashioned sense of 'winger') who, whenever one was attacking with the ball, the other one'd move in to be a second striker, swapping round when needed. It really was lovely to watch.

But I wouldn't expect him to play that right away, he'll do what's best with the players currently at his disposal.

I like that. Even if Quinn does not play this would be a strong set up and we should win.

Looks good to me!

Even if Quinn is replaced by a youngster this looks a decent team which should be able to beat a team of semi-pro's!

If we get the ball into the box from O'brien big Sutton should be able to stick 1 or 2 away. Or perhaps a more subtle approach may be required. Llanelli appear to be a big physical side so the aerial game may play into their hands.

----------------Fraser----------------

Quinn----Craigan------Reynolds----Hammell

---------Lasley--------Fitzpatrick----------

Smith----------Murphy----------O'Brien

------------Sutton------------------

job done :D

That looks a decent enough team but like I said I'd like someone on the bench that could come on and cause problems which is why I'd pick McGarry over Smith and keep Smith for the last 20 minutes or so.