Yet Another Player Gone

dazamfc

Im pretty miffed by this one! I like the idea of keeping as much of the team together as possible. Mclean is a solid player. While he might be replaceable, whats the point in making an already mammoth task of rebuilding the squad even greater! He was a free option, with experience (and experience as an mwell player). I hate to see good players go for nothing especially when it can be avoided, now we may have to spend money to replace him. Daft.

Calm doon there buddy!!! There is better defenders oot there than him and a bet they wont even be half as injury prone. And a bet we sign a few.

How can you say he was injury prone? it was two different injuries he had and if you had seen the last challenge during the Austria trip that put him out of the game for a year, you would maybe understand that it was not because he was injury prone that he was out for so long.

How can you say he was injury prone? it was two different injuries he had and if you had seen the last challenge during the Austria trip that put him out of the game for a year, you would maybe understand that it was not because he was injury prone that he was out for so long.

I did say it wasn't his fault. Also I will concede that I never worded it in the way I should have. However, I still think it isn't too much to eexpect him to give the club at least 1 more year.

completely fucking disappointed if im honest, and hope he does shite the rest of his career. i canny understand why folk want him to do well, we stuck by him for two year while he was mostly injured of it, and it was pretty clear he was gonnae be in the starting 11 for next yer and he rejects us. scumbag in my opinion. gonnae make sure he hears me when he comes to fir park.

Was always a big fan of his when he was missed. Had a great end to last season, and was our only defender that looked capable of sticking one in the net. However, his form last year let McGhee to trying to fit five defenders into a 4-4-2 which didn't always end well!

Quite gutted about this tbh, always thought he was the one defender we had likely to score from a corner or whatever. He deserves a chance to prove himself without another injury getting in his way. All the best to him though, just not against us :D

I think he is easily replaced and am not to worried that he is gone but if he jumped after the club stood by him for two years then thats sh!te........

If we have just moved him on then good luck to him for getting himself a club and a new deal.

He's a player I'd have been happy to have in the squad.

Even if he had been fully fit I don't think I would have played him ahead of Paul Quinn at right-back and wouldn't have played him ahead of either Craigan or Reynolds in central defence over the last couple of years, so in that sense I think he can be replaced reasonably comfortably.

When fit he was a solid player to have around the squad and as a couple have said I always thought he offered a really good attacking threat.

All things considered though I think we'll survive.

He proved to be a dab hand at corners towards the end of the season. Im sure he would have been solid for us if he stayed this season. Shame his career in claret and amber was curtailed by serious injury.

completely fucking disappointed if im honest, and hope he does shite the rest of his career. i canny understand why folk want him to do well, we stuck by him for two year while he was mostly injured of it, and it was pretty clear he was gonnae be in the starting 11 for next yer and he rejects us. scumbag in my opinion. gonnae make sure he hears me when he comes to fir park.

well said that man, nae loyalty what-so-ever.

Decent player but I'm not crushed by McLean's departure. Was never going to be part of our first choice back four, even given Quinn's impending departure. Any time he played at right back, even while doing a decent job, he looked like a centre back playing right back. Which is fair enough, cos that's what he was, but I would imagine that we'll be looking for someone who is a full back first and foremost...