• Steven McGarry
    • Ross Forbes
    • John Sutton
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Jim O'Brien
    • Paul Slane
    • Bob McHugh
    • Null Vote

It got lost somewhere in the transfer from Welltrust to Steelmen Online last year, though we did it for a number of individual games but we're going to have the return of the Man of the Match Award this season.

Aim is to award 3pts for the MOTM, 2pts for 2nd place and 1pt for the 3rd placed player. If there's a tie e.g we have 3 guys on equal votes for 1st place - they would both get 3 points.

I'll keep voting open for a couple of days after each game and put a wee reminder in when I'm aiming to close the poll.

I'll update my sig. with the standings after each poll has closed and at the end of the season hopefuly we can make a presentation to the eventual winner and get some folk off the site involved in a wee photoshoot with the winner.

Anything else ask away.

Voted for Slane. Not scared to beat a man and had some very quick feet outside the box. Looks like he's one for the future. Also has an excellent shot blocked late on.

Didnt take long , O'Brien and McGarry.

If they didnt even take the field some folk would vote them and most of the time if they never took the field they would be more worthy - tonight being a prime example.

Playing against utter shite and still neither could say they had the upper hand on their opponent.

Shouldnt be near the SPL and shouldnt be near MFC .

MMMgary

He's naw the best but he didny shy away and was always showing for the ball.

Your joking right? The guys hopeless. Id be delighted if I never saw him in a Motherwell jersey again! Id give it to Slane thought he was immense when he came on Forbes was half decent to.

In a word SHITE null vote for me. Can't even think of a reason to give a vote to anyone. Mr Gannon now knows what TOOLS he has to work with.

Don't usually decry the team but that was defo SHITE tonight.

Not one of them is deserving, well perhaps Slane. As for Forbes, i thought he was rotten. For the amount of time he had on the ball he never made one telling pass, always the easy option. Anyone could do what he done tonight.

I thought Forbes had a good game and looks like a player but he spent to much of the 2nd half moving sideways and backwards instead of looking forward. Slane did enough in his 45 mins to get MOM, but it was embarrassing that we were having to rely on someone his age creating something.

I went for Slane. Thought he made a big difference in the second half (even though we were still gash). The guy in the west stand who shouted Pearo at him when he was warming up - class, even he laughed!